New Butterfly rubber "Dignics 05" 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I can't smell booster, I wonder what they use.

Oils of all kinds are boosters. Most modern rubbers contain some kind of oil even if it doesn't smell like Dandoy Bioboost or Falco Temp or baby oil. So don't take the claim that a rubber is boosted to be the same as it is heavily boosted or it is boosted with something commercially available. What I mean is that it contains oils that makes it peat faster which after they dry out let it play slower. And that the difference in the way it plays after the oils dry out initially is noticeable. What you are left with if you use Tenergy is generally agreed to be a good rubber. This is not quite the case with Bluefire or MX-P.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Oils of all kinds are boosters. Most modern rubbers contain some kind of oil even if it doesn't smell like Dandoy Bioboost or Falco Temp or baby oil. So don't take the claim that a rubber is boosted to be the same as it is heavily boosted or it is boosted with something commercially available. What I mean is that it contains oils that makes it peat faster which after they dry out let it play slower. And that the difference in the way it plays after the oils dry out initially is noticeable. What you are left with if you use Tenergy is generally agreed to be a good rubber. This is not quite the case with Bluefire or MX-P.

I've always maintained that Tenergy has a sweet, pine-like smell when fresh out of the packet, and the feel of running a finger down the sponge is a little slick (for want of a better word). Also, it's a long time ago now and I'd accept that my memory could well be faulty, but I remember the first batch of T05 on release wasn't like this. I think it's something they changed in the manufacturing process fairly early on, but I could well be wrong.

For sure, some rubbers rely on whatever they initially contain more than others. I have a clubmate who uses 2-year old T05 and Spinart at the moment, which is something I can't imagine MX-P being suitable for. I can't wait for him to get new sheets eventually though - he'll have a shock. For balance, I find that I can play fine with old-ish sheets of Rasanter - they're visually awful and lose speed but retain decent grip for much longer than some ESN do (although I do use Rev 3 rejuv every so often).

Dignics 05's price is crazy, so it will come down to how many crazy people there are out there who want to buy it. I usually get a sheet of anything new just to test it out, but this is a step too far even for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
First feedback from Timo Boll himself:

Dignics 05 ist meiner Meinung nach etwas schneller(mehr Katapult) und etwas griffiger als der Tenergy 05. Ich spiele ihn auf RH, relativ weich, also niedrige Grammzahl, aktuell 94g-95g. Härter hätte er mir zuviel Bogen für meine RH-Technik.

Translation:

IMHO the Dignics 05 is somewhat faster (more catapult effect) and has a little bit more grip than the Tenergy 05. I'm using it on the BH, relative soft, which means low weight, at the moment 94g-95g. If it would be harder the arch would be too high for my BH technique.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
That weight includes the package.

Reactions: RidTheKid
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Dignics05.jpg

[size=+3]Available from April 1, 2019[/size]

Reference rubber for speed
Sriver =10

Reference rubber for spin
Tackiness C = 10

Reference sponge for hardness
Spring Sponge = 36 Degree by Shore A scale

erm

This user has no status.

erm

This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Read 1 reviews
Take a new tenergy rubber out of the pack place it with the sponge directly on the topsheet of another sheet of rubber and leave it that way overnight...guess what you will find in the morning?

Take a new tenergy rubber out of the pack place it with the sponge directly on the topsheet of another sheet of rubber and leave it that way overnight...guess what you will find in the morning?

That way you may damage the topsheet of the rubber beneath and even make it unplayable, bubles amd stains.

Jan 2018

I'll find 2 sheets of rubber, 1 on top of the other?

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
A new, experimental, unreleased and very exciting secret Butterfly rubber with some fantastic properties and a hilarious name.