New Butterfly rubber "Dignics 05" 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I have played with this rubber on forehand for about 7 hours now and i just have to say i love it. The looping ability is just amazing! The controle is better than t05. Cant wait to play later today!
is it harder to engage than t05 and does it create anymore spin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Trying to bring the topic back to Dignics 05, butterfly finally shipped my Harimoto blade but it's arriving tomorrow at my office which is a Saturday and no one will be there to open the door for the mailman, so that basically means I'll have to wait for two more days to get it... :( but I'll be putting dignics 05 on it first thing when I get it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Tell me how it feels afterwards. I'm thinking about getting a Innerforce blade to replace my Viscaria, feels like my Viscaria is too fast for me sometimes.
Oh, I can already tell you how Innerforce blades compare to Viscaria (if you are using tenergy 05 or 80), since I got a few of them already (innerforce layer ALC/ZLC/Appolonia). TLDR I like the ALC the best, it gives you a lot more control over Viscaria, and you don't really loose the speed if hitting with enough force.

Now the long version. I started looking for a blade that fits my playstyle about half a year ago, and has gone through quite a few blades, used Viscaria for about 2 months last year and really like the feel of the blade. By feel I mean I can feel what the ball will do after my paddle touched it, though not necessarily what I intend the ball to do. Used Hurricane 8 39° 2.2mm on forehand at the time, backhand was skyline 3-60 37° 2.1mm. And I figured that the reason the ball isn't always doing what I want it to do is because the paddle as a whole was a bit too fast for me, so I switched to an all wood blade (stiga nostalgic oc), same rubber, but now the ball feels really slow when hitting with the same amount of force. So I knew I needed something in between the two, and that's when I remembered the innerforce series, so I figured why not start with the zlc version, since it is nicknamed "the Queen's Scepter" (literal translation from Chinese, it was Zhang Yining blade of choice, though she was using innerforce zlc, not the innerforce layer zlc). Anyway, liked the backhand, not the forehand, can't really explain why but it just didn't feel right with the zlc. And after trying the blade with hurricane 8 and totally hating the combination, I switched to tenergy 05 (fh) / 80 (bh), which felt a lot better on the backhand but still not the forehand. And finally I tried the innerforce alc, with the tenergy rubbers, and now it feels just right, the feel of the ball is back, and I can still get enough control to make it do what I want it to do. And my coach who's been playing with a stiga maplewood v and hurricane 3 for several years now also likes the feel of it.

But I have to say what I said once before in another post, all these talks about equipment is really not that useful to others. It's fun to read others talking about it and discuss what you like/dislike, but table tennis is a very delicate sport and a lot of that depends on the feel of the equipment you are using, and with feeling there is no such thing as objective, so you'll have to try it yourself to be sure.

Reactions: JST
Tell me how it feels afterwards. I'm thinking about getting a Innerforce blade to replace my Viscaria, feels like my Viscaria is too fast for me sometimes.
You could try the Timo Boll Spirit which is slightly slower than Viscaria but with pretty similar feeling and playing characteristics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Interesting that she says it's slower than T05 in direct contradiction with Butterfly info.

I think you're reading it wrong. When she says it's slower, she meant the dwell time is longer. When Butterfly says it's faster they're talking about the speed of the ball after the contact, if the stroke was using the same strength as tenergy 05, the ball speed is faster.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I think you're reading it wrong. When she says it's slower, she meant the dwell time is longer. When Butterfly says it's faster they're talking about the speed of the ball after the contact, if the stroke was using the same strength as tenergy 05, the ball speed is faster.

She actually really states it's slower. She also mentions the longer dwell, and not being bothered by the (lesser) speed because she feels less pressured to rush to closure because she gets to exert more pressure through spin variations.

The one thing that stands out for me is the remark about having to modify technique. On thin contact, the ball just drops off; you need a deeper contact to engage. This, to me, by itself indicates the barrier of entry for this rubber quite well. If it's true.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

She actually really states it's slower. She also mentions the longer dwell, and not being bothered by the (lesser) speed because she feels less pressured to rush to closure because she gets to exert more pressure through spin variations.

The one thing that stands out for me is the remark about having to modify technique. On thin contact, the ball just drops off; you need a deeper contact to engage. This, to me, by itself indicates the barrier of entry for this rubber quite well. If it's true.

No, I just read it again, she said:

“This rubber holds the ball way longer which means that you can control how much spin you want in the ball. For example, when your too late for the ball, you can still make a slow spin and put it with a loop on the table. The rubber is a little bit slower than the Tenergy 05, because it stays longer in the rubber, but as a reward there is more effect in the ball. “

All she’s talking about here is the dwell time, none of it is about the speed of the ball. “because it stays longer in the rubber” is explaining what she meant by saying “a little bit slower”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
I tried it for a few games. In my experience, it is slightly faster (after the ball is released) and more powerful than Tenergy. It also produces a bit more spin in my opinion. Downside - harder to block with for some reason.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Yeah, I read it too, and in my interpretation she's being very clear in distinguishing dwell time and speed. But you're free to your interpretation, and I'm not the owner of absolute truth here.

I’m just stating a fact using grammar and logic, the speed of the ball is directly related to how much energy the ball gets from the contact, and with a longer contact time the force gets to work on the ball more, meaning more energy transferred to the ball, and that’s what makes the ball goes faster. So either she’s contradicting herself in the same sentence, or what she means is what she mentioned earlier, which is the dwell time. And remember English isn’t her first language, but logic works the same all around the world.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I tried it for a few games. In my experience, it is slightly faster (after the ball is released) and more powerful than Tenergy. It also produces a bit more spin in my opinion. Downside - harder to block with for some reason.
now we are talking (info). Doesn't sound like a game changer. I would imagine current T05 users should be pleased with the quality if not the price.