New Butterfly rubber "Dignics 05" 2019

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The West gets shafted yet again. Not even the US could escape this time. Yet in China, the MSRP for D05 is just ¥40(~US$6) above that of T05. But because the shops always sell it at a discount, the final price could be roughly ¥490+40? One webshop lists it at the same price as T05, but with a subject-to-change warning.

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
While i know that i will never pay that much for a rubber as long as all those cheaper and still good peforming alternatives are available, im quite curious how pro players will adapt. I think most Butterfly sponsored players will either change to T05 Hard or dignics 05. Will not sponsored players follow. will these rubbers be the new pro players go to rubber ? Time will tell.

This user has no status.
While i know that i will never pay that much for a rubber as long as all those cheaper and still good peforming alternatives are available, im quite curious how pro players will adapt. I think most Butterfly sponsored players will either change to T05 Hard or dignics 05. Will not sponsored players follow. will these rubbers be the new pro players go to rubber ? Time will tell.

Tbh they've probably been using that new sponge for a while, at least the big name players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Or are they bound to secrecy?

Just a wild guess:

but I could imagine that this is part of the sponsorship contract.

As written in a different thread, Bimo Toll wrote on https://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?p=3027379 that he's been experimenting with a rubber that isn't publicly available yet and that he can not give any more Information about that. So people been assuming it might have been the t09c.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Last edited:
Reactions: zeio
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I for one don't dig it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I for one don't dig it.

U dig nix*?
[Emoji2]
I for one must admit that neither diggi nor t05h has really made me excited, but the Tenergy09C sounds promising to me.
I already liked the 'SpinArt' (except its price tag) and a more lively version of it would be welcomed by many who like (semi-)tacky rubbers but don't like boosting.
But since no one really has seen this rubber yet, it's all nothing but assumptions. Maybe it's not even tacky. Now that would be an eye-opener.
[Emoji15] [emoji2]

[*German slang - meaning nada, nothing, zero]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
So the UK supplier has just listed this at an eye watering £74.99 per sheet.

For reference, all of the Tenergy range is £56.99.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see Dignics selling at that price.

Perhaps some rich juniors who buy into the marketing hype, or rich adults for that matter who want to try it out, or feel like they are playing with the very best equipment.

I'd be very surprised if people end up seeing it how they see Tenergy - Certainly in my circles, Tenergy is seen as the gold standard and people are happy to pay the price for the performance.

I fail to see what the extra money is buying you, or how it could be so much better.

I guess we'll wait and see!

Thats with £15 discount too haha

See the Harimoto blade is on there too. Control rating is lower than i thought it would be.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Thats with £15 discount too haha

See the Harimoto blade is on there too. Control rating is lower than i thought it would be.

Just goes to show how laughable Tees Sports "ratings" are - They haven't even got the blade to test out yet, and we know it's virtually identical to the Innerforce ALC! It's ridiculous.

The £15 discount is also fake IMO - I don't know where they get their "RRP" prices from, but if you look at Butterfly's prices directly, they correspond with Tees Sports discounted price.

I've ordered the Harimoto blade though!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Just goes to show how laughable Tees Sports "ratings" are - They haven't even got the blade to test out yet, and we know it's virtually identical to the Innerforce ALC! It's ridiculous.

The £15 discount is also fake IMO - I don't know where they get their "RRP" prices from, but if you look at Butterfly's prices directly, they correspond with Tees Sports discounted price.

I've ordered the Harimoto blade though!

The rating are more consistant with ZLC blades than ALC so really don't know what they have got it from. Must be pretty good being able to work out how it plays without using it!

I always laugh seeing there prices as there always discounted.

Cool I'm tempted to get it too - be good to hear how you get on with it. You going to pair it with your 05 Hard and 05?

NDH

says Spin to win!
Yeah, I've already got a new sheet of T05H and T05 at home - I usually get Tees Sport to make up the bat if I'm ever ordering a new one (they always do it much better than I can!

The "ratings" are completely bogus. How can they give it a 7.5 in control??

It feels like they rate their equipment based on sell price (the more expensive it is, the better it is).

This user has no status.
They've used those ratings for so long and I think so many club players think they are gospel that they don't want to abandon them. They help sell and people would almost certainly complain if they did. Wouldn't it be nice if it instead just gave technical specifications?

Reactions: AndySmith