New Butterfly rubber "Dignics 05" 2019

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Back to Dignics. Judging from the sales pitch, Butterfly is clearly taking advantage of Harimoto's style, "close-table to mid-range power-driving and countering." It looks like Dignics is intended to fill the void where the T25 failed, a concept so extreme it was ahead of its time.

Compared with Spring Sponge, Spring Sponge X stretches 14% more yet is 3% more resilient. In a previous article, it's revealed Spring Sponge is known as "Energy Red" in the R&D while Spring Sponge X is called "Rising Red", denoting the ease of "catching" the ball on the ascent when playing close to the table. The letter X represents the extra-long stretching interaction of the ball and topsheet.

Last but not least, it claims the topsheet will be "more-than-double" durable. The new topsheet and sponge combination is especially suited for thin strokes like countering and chiquita.

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
NOT THE ONLY PEBBLE ON THE BEACH...

WELL, I've now obtained all the basic features of Dignics
-- WEIGHT 68 gramme a sheet uncut
-- Harness index 40* by Shore A
-- closed mid-size pores, foamed elastomeric material.

Just for the cause that I hate Butterfly pricings violently,, I could now look up a true analog of the overpriced Dignics product just by crawling the chinese market all around.
Haggis Rubbers Chart (Weighs & Hardness specfs) is a useful guidance for all those prudent minds. The charts now is over 400 Rubber Items

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Back to Dignics. Judging from the sales pitch, Butterfly is clearly taking advantage of Harimoto's style, "close-table to mid-range power-driving and countering." It looks like Dignics is intended to fill the void where the T25 failed, a concept so extreme it was ahead of its time.

Compared with Spring Sponge, Spring Sponge X stretches 14% more yet is 3% more resilient. In a previous article, it's revealed Spring Sponge is known as "Energy Red" in the R&D while Spring Sponge X is called "Rising Red", denoting the ease of "catching" the ball on the ascent when playing close to the table. The letter X represents the extra-long stretching interaction of the ball and topsheet.

Last but not least, it claims the topsheet will be "more-than-double" durable. The new topsheet and sponge combination is especially suited for thin strokes like countering and chiquita.

Looks like you responded to all my previous questions @Zeio. Makes sense for me (could you send the link to the article you talk about?).
In this case, Dignics would be an ultimate proof, of the way table tennis will look like in the near future. Don't get me wrong I do appreciate technical aspects of chiquita, but in terms of prolonging rallies ... we used to have a third ball attack, now it's the second ball ... :-|

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Bother, this means my EJ is gonna force me to buy the Harimoto blade alongside two sheets of this damned rubber...

You can maybe get a discount if you just get your wages transferred directly to Butterfly's bank account.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi,

If I may ask this question of high currency; So, is it the case that the great Jun Muzutani is not using the late breaking new super rubber Tenergy 05 Hard?

Thanks,

Hi,

If I may ask this question of high currency; So, is it the case that the great Jun Muzutani is not using the late breaking new super rubber Tenergy 05 Hard?

Thanks,

Jun has never been using T05 hard, he used T64 then switched to T80.

Jan 2018
Looks like you responded to all my previous questions @Zeio. Makes sense for me (could you send the link to the article you talk about?).
In this case, Dignics would be an ultimate proof, of the way table tennis will look like in the near future. Don't get me wrong I do appreciate technical aspects of chiquita, but in terms of prolonging rallies ... we used to have a third ball attack, now it's the second ball ... :-|
https://www.butterfly.co.jp/story/front_runner/vol3_03.html
プロトタイプの時点では着色していなかったスポンジも、後に赤く着色される。スタッフたちはその赤色を「エナジーレッド」と呼んだ。

This user has no status.
It is rumored,

Japan : 9000 Yen + VAT : About 90 $
Korea : 120,000 Won (VAT included) : About 105$

Not sure about US or EU or even rest of the world.

Please note this information is "rumor"

What do you think guys about this rubber?
It will be an improvement to 05
If I'm not mistaken, it's a harder rubber than 05... similar to 05 hard? Does anyone know what price it will have?

https://www.butterfly.co.jp/product/dignics/05/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
What's the market price for national and provincial version of H3N and how does it compare to Tenergy?
Good point. And with Butterfly you don't have to worry about whether or not your National or Provincial H3N is fake (I use provincial H3N BTW and it seems to do the job for me although I have no idea whether or not its the genuine/real article :confused:)