Rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hello,

I am a medium level player, both wing looper from close distance and I love power blocking and counter topspins. I feel like my BH is stronger than my FH but I try using both. My backspin answers are really bad so I try flicks to open the game.

I am currenlty using a custom-made blade with ply construction oregon-oregon-kiri with vega pro max thickness both sides, but as they ve worn out, I want to try something new.

P.s. I did not really like vega pro. I like balanced rubbers and I felt it was quite fast for the ammount of spin producing.

My choices are:

Andro hexer grip

Andro rasanter r47

Cornilleau Pro gt h47

I have never used any of them, so I would like a little bit of help if you could! If you have any other rubber in mind that could fit in the description are welcomed too!

Thanks in advance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Thanks for the answer!

To be honest, Hexer grip is my first option, but wanted to here some other's people opinion too.

Well, of course I would like to see some more recommendations, but these are the ones I was thinking about. Maybe fastarc g-1 and rakza 7 too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think that if you play close to the table, hard and block much hard rubbers will suit you game well. But if you rely more on controll, that the other opponent are going to miss before you, it might be a good idea with softer rubbers that have more controll. I also think it would be easier to open against backspin with softer rubbers, since you get a little more help from the soft sponge.

I have never played with any of those rubbers so i can not help with that.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Tibhar Genius is probably what you're looking for.
Middling speed, not bouncy, super spinny.

Last edited: