Help me identify the genuine Timo Boll ALC blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
IMG-20190108-WA0004.jpgIMG-20190108-WA0003.jpg

Above are the two pictures of Timo Boll Alc i'm going to buy, I've read somewhere that we can check it's serial number but i don't know the site where i can check it's serial number.

This is the picture the seller sent me, i've never owned Timo boll alc so i don't know if it's genuine or not. Can you guys please help me in checking this blade if it's an authentic one? Also it would be helpful if you can share the link of the site where we can check the serial number of butterfly products?

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
I have checked serial numbers with Butterfly before and it really isn't very helpful when you come to think of it. The problem is, these serial numbers can be easily copied and punched on a counterfeit blade as well. So, if someone was manufacturing a counterfeit Butterfly blade, they just need to have seen a few of the original blades and note the serial numbers down for them and that's it.
Looking at these pictures, I would think that it is safe to assume that this is a genuine butterfly blade. I would just ask the seller for a more zoomed in pic of the gem that is their on the back. That gem was put specifically by butterfly to prevent counterfeiting and it has butterfly's logo hologram in it. That should confirm that this blade is genuine.

Reactions: JST and nabeel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
This is a genuine blade. Don’t worry. I myself own an alc and can confidently say that this is a genuine blade which you intend to buy.

Reactions: nabeel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
just send an e-mail to butterfly

I have checked serial numbers with Butterfly before and it really isn't very helpful when you come to think of it. The problem is, these serial numbers can be easily copied and punched on a counterfeit blade as well. So, if someone was manufacturing a counterfeit Butterfly blade, they just need to have seen a few of the original blades and note the serial numbers down for them and that's it.
Looking at these pictures, I would think that it is safe to assume that this is a genuine butterfly blade. I would just ask the seller for a more zoomed in pic of the gem that is their on the back. That gem was put specifically by butterfly to prevent counterfeiting and it has butterfly's logo hologram in it. That should confirm that this blade is genuine.

I emailed them and didn't get a reply. So I purchased the blade and I checked the gem on the back side of the handle and it has a hologram of butterfly and the finishing is so good which tells it's a original product.

Currently I am playing with DHS pg7 with hurricane 3-50 on forehand and joola rhyzm on the backhand, I'm not sure if it's a big jump with respect to control, because the current setup i have. offers so much control and my game improved a lot. I'll stick Tenergy 05fx on both sides on Timo boll ALC.

Thank you so much guys for helping me out.

Reactions: Manny Calavera
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
It looks too good to be a fake. Especially the finish.

This is a genuine blade. Don’t worry. I myself own an alc and can confidently say that this is a genuine blade which you intend to buy.

If its a fake, I would prefer it to be, as its so good, that I would expect it to be better than the original.

Yes guys i checked the box and it's handle for the gem that has the butterfly hologram and it's an original one. I'm excited for this one. One question though is it really fast? What's the control it offers if i pair it with Tenergy 05 fx? I am just an intermediate offensive player who likes to loop a lot.

Once again, thank you all for helping me out, I finally purchased my first Butterfly blade with your help :) very excited.

Last edited:
Yes guys i checked the box and it's handle for the gem that has the butterfly hologram and it's an original one. I'm excited for this one. One question though is it really fast? What's the control it offers if i pair it with Tenergy 05 fx? I am just an intermediate offensive player who likes to loop a lot.

Once again, thank you all for helping me out, I finally purchased my first Butterfly blade with your help :) very excited.
No, the blade is not too fast. In my experience the newer ones (with the hologram) are a bit slower than the older ones (without hologram). So, the speed should be all right. T05 pairs very well with ALCs and since you are getting the fx version you should be fine. But you have stated that you currently use hurricane 3-50 on your forehand. T05 fx is a different type of rubber so you will have to adjust your forehand technique a bit.