JOOLA Nobilis PBO-c - Feedbacks

This user has no status.
Dear friends,

I am playing with a Timo Boll ALC blade, and a team mate who is working for Joola in Italy told me about the JOOLA Nobilis PBO-c saying that, according to my playing style, I would like it.
Assuming that I will test it in the next weeks, I wanted to ask you if you have direct experience with it, in comparison to ALC blades or other carbon blades (I was playing years ago with a Donic Waldner Legend Carbon but wanted something a little bit softer), and so listen to your feedbacks.

Thanks a lot guys!
Emanuele

Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
And what is your playing style? I get the feeling he’s trying to sell you products that his company sells.

Hi, I am an offensive player playing mainly close or mid distance from the table. I like play actively with opening topspins, mainly from fh, and trying to close the point always actively. I like to play with fast blades where I can still feel the ball on the racket and which give me good chances to have good spins with good trajectory, not only fast.

That's why I decided to play with an ALC blade. I feel ok, but wanted to try an all wood fast blade. That's how the conversation started with my friend. I asked him if he had a Joola "Kool" to test but they are out of production. And he suggested me the Nobilis. He will bring me one to try, I will put a rubber I am using (Tenergy 80) and then I will decide.

He is not trying to sell me the product. He does not need to. I am not the customer he can build a profit. He serves many professional players in Italy, I am not at that level. He is simply a friend.

That's why I am asking feedbacks from any experience had with this blade.

Emanuele

This user has no status.
I think there are other better all wood blades for better prices on the market. If he’s not trying to sell you his company’s stuff, I just find it surprising he’s recommended Joola’s most expensive all wood blade. Why didn’t he recommend another brand as well?

I can understand your point, but here the question is not trying to discuss the marketing skills of my friend. Here I would like to have a discussion about the blade.
Ok, you say it is very expensive, thanks. Can you explain why? Very bad material? Very bad wood? What else? Can you name other all wood blades you mention about? But before, did you try it?
Many thanks.

This user has no status.
I’m sure its price is justified in the same way Butterfly blades are. However other blades such as Butterfly Korbel, Nittaku Acoustic, or even Joola TPE feeling will give you the similar qualities at a much better price. That’s just my opinion though. Obviously if you try it and fall in love with it, then it won’t kill you to get one. I’m just saying don’t rule out other, possibly even cheaper, possibilities just because someone that works for Joola tells you it would be best. I’m not saying he’s not a good guy, but you have to bear in mind that selling blades is his job and so he has a strong incentive to sell you the most expensive all wood blade that Joola do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I for one will be looking forward to your or anyone else's feedback, if only for curiosity's sake. Joola make some excellent blades, and there is no reason premium equipment should be the preserve of one or two specific brands, if there is a market for it (which there obviously is).

But based on the description, the Pbo-C doesn't seem to be all wood?

Reactions: Jimbob MacInbred
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017

That's why I decided to play with an ALC blade. I feel ok, but wanted to try an all wood fast blade. That's how the conversation started with my friend. I asked him if he had a Joola "Kool" to test but they are out of production. And he suggested me the Nobilis. He will bring me one to try, I will put a rubber I am using (Tenergy 80) and then I will decide.

Emanuele

I have to admit that I'm a little confused. If you want to try an all wood blade than why asking about the Joola Kool or agreeing to test the Nobilis? Both are/were composite blades. The Kool used - if I'm not mistaken - Texalium whereas the Nobilis uses PBO (Joola's equivalent to Butterfly's Zylon)...

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I for one will be looking forward to your or anyone else's feedback, if only for curiosity's sake. Joola make some excellent blades, and there is no reason premium equipment should be the preserve of one or two specific brands, if there is a market for it (which there obviously is).

My word, you're right =/
manuvernillo, if you're looking for an all wood blade from Joola, I'd recommend TPE feeling. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with Butterfly Korbel IMO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017

That's right. It's 3+2 (Kiri core + PBO (aka Zylon) + Hinoki). Just based on the specifics and what is known about Zylon/PBO the Nobilis should be more responsive and and a notch or even two faster than the Timo Boll ALC with a slightly higher arc.

This user has no status.
That's right. It's 3+2 (Kiri core + PBO (aka Zylon) + Hinoki). Just based on the specifics and what is known about Zylon/PBO the Nobilis should be more responsive and and a notch or even two faster than the Timo Boll ALC with a slightly higher arc.
I think it's 5+2?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Ah yeah, fair dooze... Bribar got it wrong again then...

Well, it can happen sometimes. I only mentioned the Zelebro because both blades were released simultaneously; the Nobilis being the "big brother" to the Zelebro.

Edit: Since you play the Viscaria, I remember that Megaspin for quite a few years mentioned that the core ply of the Viscaria would be balsa (whereas it is in fact kiri).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Do you not like the ALC? I know nothing about the blade but i would think it would be a good idea to try the blade first before buying it. It feels like you have this possibility since he works at joola. Looking at pictures it looks like the blade have a good build quality. Joola kool was a cool blade haha, very thick i remember.

This user has no status.
Hi everybody. Thanks all for the answers! Probably I have been not so clear saying I wanted to try an allwood blade, because in the reality Nobiisi and Kool are composite blades. YOu know better than me, until now I have not been an equipment addicted and only have used few blades in my short career: the Nittaku Septear (all wood!) but was then too slow for me, then moved to carbon with the Donic (too fast) and now ALC which is good for me but I have the curiosity to test materials which are not carbon. Yes, I made the mistake saying to try Nobilis as all wood: my brain just simplifies: there is wood and there is carbon! Sorry for that.

But I come back to my real question: any REAL feedback on the blade?
It is my fault: I should not explain all the background....
About my friend: he sells Joola but also look for other brands if you ask him. Sincerely, he invited me to test Nobilis because he received good feedbacks from players in Italy (I know, we are not in China...), and I wanted to collect more feedbacks world wide.
Thnak you anyone for the time to answer to my post!

Reactions: nivekkan and Lula
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
If it is a ZLC or PBOC, you'll get a muted feel unless you hit the ball hard

So, beware

I strongly recommend Tibhar Stratus Power Wood if you want a good blade feeling

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Hi.

I usually don't like to talk about the Competitor's blade.
As my job, I am to know everything my competitors have. hahaha.
I know about this blade quite well, and I usually would like to help TT community here at TT daily.
But please don't ask me about everything. only this time. lol.

Jimbob is right, it is Hinoki + PBOC + Kiri. 3+2 blade.
About PBOC, it is ZLC. They are just putting the name differently.

Hinoki Carbon is most popular in Asian countries for power and direct hit.
And not for spin or arc. Hinoki carbon also has this unique vibration and clarity compared to other composite blades.
However, Joola developed a blade that can offer slight spin and arc by replacing Carbon with ZLC.

Therefore the hitting feeling is not as clear as Hinoki Carbon, but it does provide more spin.
It is great for amateurs, but it might be difficult for professionals to use.
I don't think this is a matter of close or mid of the table, it should be more of your hitting technique.
If you pushing the ball to hit it over this blade might be good for you, but if you have a large stroke where you like to drive the ball. This might not be best for you.

Your friend did recommend you a good blade, I am just not 100% sure if it right for you.
I think Joola Nobiliess got the idea from XIOM Zetro Quad.
But doesn't matter where they got the idea from, they've made something that is different that is not in the market.
And I appreciate companies that try different things. :)

In order for anyone to understand Joola Nobiliess, you must try first hinoki carbon blade such as primorac carbon, Feel HX Pro. Then you will be like "AHHHHHH, I get what this blade is about"
But if you use purewood or any other composite blade, then goes to Joola Nobiliess, you will be like "hm.... this is different".

I hope my answer helped. :)

Hi everybody. Thanks all for the answers! Probably I have been not so clear saying I wanted to try an allwood blade, because in the reality Nobiisi and Kool are composite blades. YOu know better than me, until now I have not been an equipment addicted and only have used few blades in my short career: the Nittaku Septear (all wood!) but was then too slow for me, then moved to carbon with the Donic (too fast) and now ALC which is good for me but I have the curiosity to test materials which are not carbon. Yes, I made the mistake saying to try Nobilis as all wood: my brain just simplifies: there is wood and there is carbon! Sorry for that.

But I come back to my real question: any REAL feedback on the blade?
It is my fault: I should not explain all the background....
About my friend: he sells Joola but also look for other brands if you ask him. Sincerely, he invited me to test Nobilis because he received good feedbacks from players in Italy (I know, we are not in China...), and I wanted to collect more feedbacks world wide.
Thnak you anyone for the time to answer to my post!

This user has no status.
Very useful, thanks.
Finally, a concrete and easy to understand post about the blade!
Many thanks!

Hi.

I usually don't like to talk about the Competitor's blade.
As my job, I am to know everything my competitors have. hahaha.
I know about this blade quite well, and I usually would like to help TT community here at TT daily.
But please don't ask me about everything. only this time. lol.

Jimbob is right, it is Hinoki + PBOC + Kiri. 3+2 blade.
About PBOC, it is ZLC. They are just putting the name differently.

Hinoki Carbon is most popular in Asian countries for power and direct hit.
And not for spin or arc. Hinoki carbon also has this unique vibration and clarity compared to other composite blades.
However, Joola developed a blade that can offer slight spin and arc by replacing Carbon with ZLC.

Therefore the hitting feeling is not as clear as Hinoki Carbon, but it does provide more spin.
It is great for amateurs, but it might be difficult for professionals to use.
I don't think this is a matter of close or mid of the table, it should be more of your hitting technique.
If you pushing the ball to hit it over this blade might be good for you, but if you have a large stroke where you like to drive the ball. This might not be best for you.

Your friend did recommend you a good blade, I am just not 100% sure if it right for you.
I think Joola Nobiliess got the idea from XIOM Zetro Quad.
But doesn't matter where they got the idea from, they've made something that is different that is not in the market.
And I appreciate companies that try different things. :)

In order for anyone to understand Joola Nobiliess, you must try first hinoki carbon blade such as primorac carbon, Feel HX Pro. Then you will be like "AHHHHHH, I get what this blade is about"
But if you use purewood or any other composite blade, then goes to Joola Nobiliess, you will be like "hm.... this is different".

I hope my answer helped. :)

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
hills4ever was faster, but I want to emphazise on what he said about Hinoki. The Nobilis is "more Hinoki" than most Hinoki/Composite combinations and therefore has more "wood" touch and alot more Hinoki catapult. Having a 1,2mm top ply is for a Hinoki very unusual. Being hard and with its own dynamik the Joola blade is very fast (faster then Rossi Emotion, Xiom Feel ZX 2 or 3).

It is a very fine blade, well crafted and balanced. Even with thicker rubbers it doesn't get too head heavy.

Handle is a bit thicker than most of the Stiga, Xiom or Donic blades I know, so very well suited for bigger hands.

I personnally found it easier to play with harder rubbers, less dynamic rubbers, like the XIOM Vega Pro, but still with this rubber it was too fast for me in the end. Which is why I sticked to my XIOM Vega Tour blade.