Info setup and rubber

This user has no status.
Hi guys, i'd like to ask to anyone had experience with battle 2 rubbers. My blades:
h301, fh black battle2 45°, bh red mx-s max.
Tsp altero, fh black battle2 45°, bh red battle2 45°

I'd like to know if different sponge hardness is better (for b2).
And if it is a good configuration for me (i prefer an attack style and to loop more than i can).
Thank you!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You are posting alot now! Good that you are interested and trying to become better. I do not know anything about the rubbers. But i do think it is better for you to have slower rubbers with soft sponge. This will give more control and it will be easier to develop as a player.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hi man I played with h301 with Battle2 for quite a bit.
It's an excellent combination where the blade and rubber work together perfectly.

The 45 degree version is best in my opinion because it's much harder than anything a euro-rubber player would recognize as 45, since the topsheet is also rock hard.

Don't use it for backhand, it's not meant for it and it will just make your setup too heavy for no good reason.
Then again you're using MX-S for backhand which is also quite hard and heavy, but at least it has its own speed (with quite a lot less control and precision than the B2)

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Definitely the spinniest rubber I know.

I think it'll be fast for the forehand and slow for the backhand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Definitely the spinniest rubber I know.

I think it'll be fast for the forehand and slow for the backhand.

Lightzy - your a big fan of B2 I’ve seen. Do you prefer the red or black, is one more spiny? I have b2 on my old Primorac (black tag) with yinhe moon on the backhand. Recently I’ve been playing with a YSE with rozena both sides, but went back to the Primorac this evening as I have been missing to many shots. I know it’s difficult to say but do you think that’s down to blade or rubber or both? I’m considering putting the rozena on my BH on the Primorac as think I prefer that overall. Some shots are easier/better with one and vice versa.
How do you find pushing with B2? I seem to push much better with the YSE but my loops are way spinner FH especially with the Primorac.
Sorry to the OP for hyjacing the thread but it is related :)

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yeah, I'm a big fan of B2, but weather conditions here are a bit off the wall this past year. I expected the winter to be less humid than the summer but it's just vile. I can't rely on hard tacky rubbers.

B2 black and red are the same as tacky. Individual sheets vary, but all of them are as spinny or spinnier than any rubber you could name. I had some that were like fly-traps.

Rozena is a higher quality rubber than anything yinhe makes.

YSE is not a good blade in my estimation, it's too bouncy for a 5 ply and has a harsh kind of hard contact that I don't like. It doesn't synergise with hard rubbers at all. Becomes a brick.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
And how do you feel with these rubbers? I mean in comparison of b2

Less spinny, much less controlled, more fast, very high throw, about the same weight.
I switched finally because of heavy humidity even in winter that made it impossible to use B2 properly.

This user has no status.
But does boosting rubber mean more spin? Or only more speed?

I notice more speed, more spin only on lower-power shots (pushes, out-of-position loops where you can't get your body into the shot), and softer sponge with a boosted rubber. I wouldn't worry about boosting your rubber until you're pretty high level though. The performance of the rubber changes day-by-day, which you have to get used to. That makes it tough to keep developing your strokes. Plus, the added speed might encourage you to take weaker swings, which will limit your overall power development. I think your current setup is fine as-is and will help you develop.