Xiom Ice Cream AZX, AZX i - rubbers that will fit excellent

LLH

This user has no status.

LLH

This user has no status.
Dec 2018
I'm planning to get my second equipment based on the Ice Cream blade(AZX, AZX i)

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS WITH RUBBERS?

(On the forehand, I'm going to have tacky rubber)

Reactions: hills4ever
I also think that on innerlayers the harder xiom tensors work much better. Though for a BH the O7Asia may be a better choise. I still haven't played with O7Tour, but as its really very hard and heavy, it may be not so appropiate to pair with H3. Omega5Tour would fit on the BH very well too. At the end it depends on personal style, of course.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
How does azx play? How is the feeling(vibration) in hand compare to viscaria?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

says Check This Out...
How does azx play? How is the feeling(vibration) in hand compare to viscaria?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I have Viscaria with FH T05 / BH T80

AZX FH (ALC side with O7Asia) way more faster, vibration almost the same like viscaria x T05...
AZX BH (ZLC side with O7Pro) similiar speed with Visca x T80, more controlable, more less vibration...

its help me on BH side because its easier to directing impact on passive block

This user has no status.
Omega VII Tour

Recommended by Pros

Try AZX with Omega VII Pro
Try AZX with Omega VII Tour

My recommendation. :)
But Koreans seems to prefer Omega VII Asia more than Omega VII Tour.

My thoughts.

Did you try the Omega VII Tour?? Is it too hard?

I play only with all wood blades and I´m thinking about get myself harder rubbers than my cornilleau Pro GT X51.

I would love to hear your opinion.

I don't think that Omega 7 Tour would pair well with allwood blades.
This rubber can be very precise in hands that are able to control it, but a less experienced player would miss the control.
An allwood blade with generally lesser sweetspot and juicy vibrations would make it even more difficult.

What is "too hard"? Too hard to whum and for what? Who knows?

It Is hard, with a very hard sponge of 55 deg ESN scale, but it doesn't feel That hard because of the soft topsheet.
Its very fast, the fastest in Omega 7 and is meant for aggressive mid and longer distance. But it really should be very aggressive, as it has low trajectory. Short play is very tricky for non pro players.

This user has no status.
I don't think that Omega 7 Tour would pair well with allwood blades.
This rubber can be very precise in hands that are able to control it, but a less experienced player would miss the control.
An allwood blade with generally lesser sweetspot and juicy vibrations would make it even more difficult.

What is "too hard"? Too hard to whum and for what? Who knows?

It Is hard, with a very hard sponge of 55 deg ESN scale, but it doesn't feel That hard because of the soft topsheet.
Its very fast, the fastest in Omega 7 and is meant for aggressive mid and longer distance. But it really should be very aggressive, as it has low trajectory. Short play is very tricky for non pro players.

I use Cornilleau GT X51 that is already 50° ESN scale. So maybe the Omega VII Asia would be a better choice, since it is exactly on the half way from the X51 to the Omega VII Tour.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
i just got my AZXi tonight and love it. Put my tenergies on it but am gonna get something new tomorrow. I cant decide between O7 Euro and pro. I'm looking for something on both sides a little softer than tenergy 05. Is the pro spinny enough or is it extremely direct and only good for driving? Is the euro too soft and difficult to finish the point of with a powerful rip?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Is Xiom Ice Cream AZXi with Cornilleau Target Pro XD 52.5 on the ALC side for FH and the Pro XD 47.5 on ZLC side for BH works well together? Im considering between this and Xiom Omega 5 Asia and Omega 7 Euro for FH and BH. Which is better for an intermediate player that drive and loop from close to mid distance

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Is Xiom Ice Cream AZXi with Cornilleau Target Pro XD 52.5 on the ALC side for FH and the Pro XD 47.5 on ZLC side for BH works well together? Im considering between this and Xiom Omega 5 Asia and Omega 7 Euro for FH and BH. Which is better for an intermediate player that drive and loop from close to mid distance

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I would consider softer rubbers like O7 Europe better for better control.