Xiom Ice Cream AZX, AZX i - rubbers that will fit excellent

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020

I would consider softer rubbers like O7 Europe better for better control.

I hit quite hard on the FH so im looking for something a bit harder than the O7E,maybe it could be good on the backhand.Any suggestion on the FH?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I hit quite hard on the FH so im looking for something a bit harder than the O7E,maybe it could be good on the backhand.Any suggestion on the FH?

Does your O7E bottom out when hitting? Try Omega 7 Asia.

How does O7A compares to Omega 5 Asia. Is the O5A slower or any noticable difference?

O7A is more durable and has better spin. Hardness is 52.5 degrees.

How does O7A compares to Omega 5 Asia. Is the O5A slower or any noticable difference?

Omega5Asia has 50 degree sponge, but the top sheet is harder.
Omega7Asia has 52.5 degree sponge, but the top sheet is softer.

O5A has a higher arc, a bit less trampoline and is a bit slower at close distance.
Depending on the way you generate spin either rubber may be more spiny than the other.
O5A with its harder sponge need thinner brush for max spin, but it will need much more effort and force on longer distance.
You may find O5A a bit more precise over the table with pushes and soft touch.

O7A needs more concentration over the table, but is better for lifting or attacking backspin and has better spin with higher speed from mid and longer distance.
O7A has the best from O5Asia and O5Tour.

Yea, I find O7A with better performance, especially at mid and longer distance.
About the ease of use, well, it would depend on many things.
Style is the most important and that's why I described some differences above.
For me personally both rubbers are equally easy at 2.00 mm sponge thickness, with the O5A easier over the table and O7A easier on mid distance, speaking about spin quality and placement precision.
For me at max sponge thickness O5A is easier over the table and on mid distance, O7A is easier on longer distance. Again easiness is about spin and placement.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Thanks for all the replies [emoji16], really helped me alot, I think i am going to buy O7A and test it out soon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
I got the AZXi few days back. I had decided on Tibhar MXD on FH that is the ALC side. I asked TT11 on recommendations for the BH ZLC side. They suggested Tibhar Aurus Prime. I went with that. This setup is like a dream offensive setup. Outstanding spin, good for flat hitting, both from close and mid distance from the table. It’s very easy to play (if your technique is in place). Only adjustments I had to make was in the short game, where I had to change my grip and angle slightly. Otherwise a great blade and these rubbers work great with it..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018

I ordered Xiom Icecream AZXi with Fastarc G-1 ( 2mm) on both sides). The ZLC side was fine but on the ALC the ball is flying out. Started the ALC side as my backhand and the loops and drive became better. However, in the short game it became my nightmare. the ball is always popping up too high and my friends were having fun smashing it. I took off the G1 and put my used Xiom Vega Euro. Same problem in the short game. Later I put Thibar FX-S and now I have better control. All my shots are landing on the table and balls are not popping up on my short game. Out of curiosity I tried the FX-S on my forehand and played really well. Less spin and speed than the G1 but I was having amazing control. I believe EL-S will even play better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I'm waiting for Azxi ! What You Guys think about Sieger pk50 at Azxi ? Which side should be better ? I'm thinking to put it on zlc side and 64fx at alc side. What you think about this combo 😃

Last edited: