Japan National Championships 2019

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Ito VS Hayata

The poorest opening imaginable for Hayata in game 1, with Ito winning the next 8 points after a 2:0 lead. Closed the gap but still dropping 7:11.

Game 2 was tight and IMHO was vital to Hayata. Despite all that, Ito still tested a new serve but sent it right into net and Hayata had a chance to make it 9:7 serving at 7:7, but missed one crucial FH winner. 9:11.

Game 3 proceeded in favor of Ito. Hayata kept playing the catch-up game. 7:11.

Game 4 is the one Hayata and fans alike were expecting. Still, Hayata missed her initiative, again serving at 7:7. 9:11.

Ito 4:0 Hayata. No contest.

oEjSnT9h.png

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Read 1 reviews
Ito VS Hayata

The poorest opening imaginable for Hayata in game 1, with Ito winning the next 8 points after a 2:0 lead. Closed the gap but still dropping 7:11.

Game 2 was tight and IMHO was vital to Hayata. Despite all that, Ito still tested a new serve but sent it right into net and Hayata had a chance to make it 9:7 serving at 7:7, but missed one crucial FH winner. 9:11.

Game 3 proceeded in favor of Ito. Hayata kept playing the catch-up game. 7:11.

Game 4 is the one Hayata and fans alike were expecting. Still, Hayata missed her initiative, again serving at 7:7. 9:11.

Ito 4:0 Hayata. No contest.

cache.php

Is Mima the WS champion??

Jan 2018
Kihara played like an 18-year-old, despite being 14 only. Silenced loud af Sakura Mori after dropping game 1. Amazing consistency in adjusting her play on the fly.

Jan 2018
What better way to win the game than an ace? Harimoto missed two serving at 8:8.
YIhBDmth.png

rkTVcerh.png

Harimoto totally shut out in game 2.

Returning the favor in game 3.
Ho6Fgezh.png

Huge comeback for Oshima after trailing 4:8 in game 4. Kept serving long to Harimoto's deep BH to prevent the chiquita. TO at 8:6 didn't work for Harimoto.

Very close to defeat for Harimoto in game 5, after trailing 6:8, only to take the next 5.
zndAvPNh.png

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
8A3CGDTh.png

Game 7. Harimoto trailed 1:4, and then 1 or 2 points. Managed to take the lead at 8:7, but at 8:8, Harimoto couldn't pull ahead on his own serve. Oshima stuck to his long serve and all FH tactics.
N1gZHJ0h.png

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I watched Hayata v Ishikawa.
I've never seen Ishikawa been REKT so much. Hayata was way too fast for her. What was most impressive to me was Hayata's BH. She was taking the ball really early agressively and always long, and able to make very good -and unusual- placement , like for example from the middle of the table with BH, ball going on the FH short side of the table (both are lefties)

Hayata won the 1st round of the JNT qualification tournament last month, winning 10 matches dropping only 1 set. Has she reached a new level ? She's never done anything yet against CNT but I want to see her next matches

I didn't see the match, however I do know that Ishikawa has, on other occasions, looked passed opponents by not taking them sufficiently serious. I do not know the head-to-head record between them, but I'm quite sure it very strongly favors Ishikawa. Ishikawa, thinking about the match up with Ito for many months, likely wasn't ready for an improved Hayata and thus Hayata rolled.

All praise to Hayata!!

Jan 2018
Mizutani was telling the truth. He doesn't like playing against lefties.