rubbers on all-wood blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Greetings to everyone,

Some months ago I was asking about a blade, and everyone suggested me to go for an all-wood one. I eventually did and it helped me improve quite a bit. I still have a problem on my FH strokes though.

My playing style is close to table offensive game, I'm BH oriented and my FH is quite bad I'd say. I try to counter-block as much as possible and prefer open game. I also hate backspin and have difficult time returing backspin balls sometimes(I know it's just matter of practice, just saying).

The blade I use is a custom korbel "clone" from a blade-maker in my city and it feels awesome!

I am currenlty using vega pro, but I was thinking that a slower rubber would help me imporve more than that.

So, I am looking for an ALL+ to OFF- rubber for both sides, hardness 44-46 degrees witch can produce good amounts of spin. Any comments on such idea? My first option is Mark V, but I heard people saying it's dead with the new poly-ball and without speed glue. Any suggestions on such rubbers?

Thanks in advance!

This user has no status.
I don't know that I agree with people saying Mark V is dead with the new ball. I think in Max sponge it'll still work great for development. It is, however, kind of expensive. You could go with Dawei 2008. It's a slightly more powerful/spinny Mark V. Kinda heavy but otherwise a great rubber to learn with and works well even at a high level. It's about $8 USD.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Mark-V is actually really good in combination with the plastic ball. Another great but rather unknown rubber is PimplePark Epos.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Tibhar Genius is perfect for that.
Super spinny rubber, but faster than markV

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think harder rubber would suit your close to the table style since i think your block Will be faster since the ball Do not go in the sponge so much so the ball leaves the racket faster. But i do think much softer rubber Will help you looping against backspin.

I think that good players could get pretty good shot quality with markv But i Do think markv feels a little hard. Proably funnier to play with bouncier stuff.

I agree that looping against backspin Will be easier with time But only if the technique is somewhat correct so make sure it is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Idk man, VP on a wood blade is perfect for developing but if you really want you can try vega europe which is slower and more forgiving also baracuda or new gewo rubber neoflex (really spinny)

Reactions: yoass