Hungarian Open 2019

This user has no status.
It will be the same blade and rubbers but there will still be subtle differences as no blades are identical. Could be something as simple as a bad glue job he wasn't happy about and wanted to switch.

1. If it was bad glue job, then it's Zhou Yu's own fault. I assume he glues his own rackets, like most pros do.
2. If Zhou Yu ripped the rubber on purpose or it seemed like cheating, then it's still Zhou Yu's own fault for doing it.

Either way, I think Zhou Yu is disqualified fair and square, since he has no one else to blame but himself.
I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just being objective.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I agree with you. I don't know all the ins and outs of what happened but it looked like a stupid way of cheating to try and change the bat for whatever reason.
It is only stupid because he got caught. It is in fact common for players not to like the way a blade is playing and want to change it's The rules don't allow it. I am happy he was caught.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
It is only stupid because he got caught. It is in fact common for players not to like the way a blade is playing and want to change it's The rules don't allow it. I am happy he was caught.

Maybe he overboosted H3 on his main racket? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
It is only stupid because he got caught.
He did it too like 2 years ago, it could have been easily seen, yet he eventually succeed with showing it to the umpire. I could find the match.
EDIT: Actually I can find the match, but I didn´t find the moment since the whole match video has been taken down and other matches are edited without it.
It was his match vs Chen Diogo at Austrian Open 2017, which he lost.
zhou.jpg Took a picture of the thread where it was discussed.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I remember seeing him doing this some time back...not sure exactly when, but it was probably on that thread that Chang mentioned.
Not shure why he does this kind of thing. My guess is that he does it to cool down a bit (himself or for the opponent to loose momentum).

This user has no status.
Men's
FZD, Chuang CY, Gauzy, LGY, Fang Bo, Liam, Lim jonghoon, and XX
Women's
ZYL, Chen SY, LGY, SYS, LSW, WMY, YF, Solja, Shan Xiaona, Szocs, CM

Tough loss for Moregard... He needs to improve his service receives and his BH over the table. Lim Joonhoon really took advantage of Moregard's passive BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Please find it. That could explain why he tried it again.
I posted this on MyTT:

He peeled his rubber back in a match at the 2017 Austrian Open when he lost to Chen Diogo. He had just lost game 4. As he was going back to his corner, he peels part of the red side of his paddle off. Then shows it to the umpire so that the can get a new racket. Look at the sequence at about 31:35 - 31:55. Look at the red rubber at the end of the sequence; it was not like that when he played:

tv . ittf . com/video/zhou-yu-chen-diogo/978075

(I cannot post links yet so you'll have to remove the spaces)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Nice tournament so far. Some very nice matches today.
Didn't expect Gerassimenko to challenge FZD so good. There were some nice rallies.

But also Benedikt Duda played quite well and fought back hard vs. Xu Xin.
Good battle.

Also the match between Fang Bo and Freitas was quite entertaining and until middle of their last game they were pretty equal. But then Freitas somehow lost track and Fang brought home the bacon.

But the surprise of the day to me has been Liam.
Yu Ziyang got literally crushed and wasn't able to take a single game.
If CNT still follows their internal rules then we'll probably won't be seeing him play internationally for a while. Pity.
I actually liked when he appeared on the international scene a couple of years ago when he became Junior World Champion 2014.
But also outstanding play by Liam.
To me his victory never seemed questionable after the first few balls. Very impressive. Let's see what the next days will bring.

Man, whatta day. So far so good.
[Emoji2]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
As for the Romanian girls, they seem to loose the fear of the Asian opponents, which is encouraging :) I think Bernadette has a real chance against Shan Xiaona, little less for Elizabeta, but who knows ; )
Batra Manika against Georgina must have been interesting and dramatic 4:3 (still to watch). Now Chen Meng ... well I'll say this ... only Liu Shiwen could be worse ... ; )
Overall interesting matchups tomorrow, this time I'm cheering for Liam and Hugo, sorry Kristian and Lim ... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I agree. Liam has taken another step in his development and should be considered a top threat to CNT. Exciting times ahead for him.

But the way Liam destroyed Ziyang was very impressive. Ziyang is no pushover by any means but Liam confidently blasted him away. Goes on to show Liam is top class act now.