Hungarian Open 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Don't get me wrong, I like Ma Long and all. I think he already is one of the greatest players of all time, but even if he returns in form, there's no guarantee he would win every tournament. Not just Harimoto, there are quite a few players around that can beat him.

Speaking of Harimoto, as long as he doesn't have to play Timo Boll, Xu Xin, or Marcos Freitas he has a good chance to win. Not sure if it's a trend, but Harimoto seems to struggle more against left-handed players.

Just teasing of course. Lin Gaoyuan might be added too, although he's lost last time to Harimoto. There are reasons lefties might be little harder for him, agree.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Nice one for Marek Badowski, my country man. He managed to beat Walker Samuel 4:3. Speaking about the "big names", just to get to the main event he still needs to beat Reitspies David, then eventually (of course) either Emmanuel Lebesson (European Champ 16') or Yan An .. :)

I would also mention Tiago Apolonia beating Paul Drinkhall 4:1. Now he still needs to face Qiu Dang. He gave a strong opposition to Timo in the last German National Championships. And then ... possibly Gacina or Wang Yang ... man o man : )

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Surprising, but not unlikely. Lebesson has good services. Many players struggle against Lebesson's serves the first time they play him. Not sure if this is why Yan An lost, I haven't seen the match. :D
His serves are "good" because they are illegal ;)

Reactions: bobpuls and akoozab
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Nice game between Shibaev and Dyjas. Shibaev showing good sportsmanship by missing a serve after a point that was wrongly taken away from Dyjas.

Reactions: akoozab
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Nice game between Shibaev and Dyjas. Shibaev showing good sportsmanship by missing a serve after a point that was wrongly taken away from Dyjas.

Good sportsmanship, I'll give him that. But it was a clear side ... I don't know how Alexander could not have seen it?
Anyways Dyjas has problem winning the end game, he had 10:5 or 6 while leading 2:1 ...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Good sportsmanship, I'll give him that. But it was a clear side ... I don't know how Sasha could not have seen it?
Anyways Dyjas has problem winning the end game, he had 10:5 or 6 while leading 2:1 ...

I think he saw, it just took him a while because the referee was being very stubborn. Yes, Dyjas choked in that set.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
ittfworld_BstApJ7Bvpt.jpgittfworld_BstApJ5hAYa.jpg