Xiom omega 7 tour VS tenergy 05hard

This user has no status.
Hi..hv anybody tried doing a comparison review of there two rubbers.. i myself just changed to t05 hard from donic bluestorm z1 turbo.. from my amature level, i found it to be quite like a wild beast and quite difficult to tame the rubber..it is definitely way faster, spinnier,unforgiveful, and deadlier than the z1 turbo.. going back to z1 turbo after 2 weeks of t05 hard made me felt the z1 turbo a very docile rubber... the reason im asking for comparison with omega 7 tour is that i do believe that T05hard, z1 turbo, and Omega7tour are rubbers in the same category..top of the line rubbers from each company, rubbers with hardest sponges, thin top layer, and grippy surface rubbers. (Do correct me if im wrong) and i am hoping to find a rubber that sits in between the z1turbo and T05hard. Attacking power of T05HARD with a control of z1turbo is an ideal rubber for me. (A very high expectation i suppose) . And from my very few experiences of EJing, i often find xiom rubbers to hv a high level of control for its rubbers....hopefully i could get my answer from the wise and generous people here in ttdaily.....

Last edited:
Reactions: akoozab
I think that T05H is not with thinner top sheet, its rubber is the same as of T05, and the sponge is about the hardness of Xiom Omega 7 Asia, O7 Tour is with a harder sponge. All Xiom rubbers are top of the line, which version to chooese is just a matter of style.

Reactions: adamkasani
O7Tour is still rarely available in Europe and I think that this price is speculative, or ar leats I hope so. On other markets its just a little bit more expensive than the other O7.
If you are looking the prices of Spinfactory - yes, Xiom most expensive there, but they just don't offer Butterfly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
...If you are looking the prices of Spinfactory - yes, Xiom most expensive there, but they just don't offer Butterfly.

They actually do, just not on their website.

Just look who's the owner of spinfactory and Butterfly Store Cologne, the address is the same.
[Emoji2]

Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
What I say is that the Spinfactory site doesn't offer Butterfly and their Xiom prices are the highest. If they were offering Butterfly, their Xiom prices would be lower. At least I think so. Many traders use similar strategy.

I see your point. Yes, that sales strategy is pretty common but i think in this case this doesn't apply.
Actually due to the sales restriction Butterfly products are only available online by Butterfly, with very, very few exceptions (i think spinfactory sold discontinued BTY racket case or ball case, and a jersey or shirt or something, but these items were already out of production, but IIRC they also sold Roundell rubbers), but from my knowledge only Butterfly Stores are allowed to sell BTY products online and only within their region. So even Butterfly Stores are limited with what they sell online and where they sell it, except the official Butterfly online shop.

Here's what spinfactory wrote on their website.
https://www.spinfactory.de/store-koeln/?__store=de

On the other hand Xiom has built a good reputation and has been delivering quality products, so it seems they're aiming for a different market.
Quite a few companies seem to do this lately. I've seen some completely ridiculous prices lately.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I think that T05H is not with thinner top sheet, its rubber is the same as of T05, and the sponge is about the hardness of Xiom Omega 7 Asia, O7 Tour is with a harder sponge. All Xiom rubbers are top of the line, which version to chooese is just a matter of style.

thank you for correcting me. So from what u said, im assuming that the T05H sponge hardness is similar to O7Asia. doesnt this mean that O7Tour sponge is harder than T05H? I'll be damned.... would u happen to know if O7Tour has a better control compared to T05H?

thank you for correcting me. So from what u said, im assuming that the T05H sponge hardness is similar to O7Asia. doesnt this mean that O7Tour sponge is harder than T05H? I'll be damned.... would u happen to know if O7Tour has a better control compared to T05H?

Ye, as I said O7Tour is with a harder sponge, as yogi saidabot 55 deg. O7Asia is about 52.5 deg and T05H should something lak 52 deg per ESN.
When we discussed the upcomming T05H I said that it would be something similar to O7Asia IF it has a softer rubber topsheet. But it doesn't.
About the Control of O7Tour - I still haven't played with it as its still not available on our market. But I can be prety shure that it 's not an easy rubber. Its the same with O5Tour - fantastic rubber, but difficult to take what it can propose. And speaking of Control we must clarify what we have in mind - Control may stand for ease of use, than Noq its not an Easy rubber, Control may stand for Accuracy and precision - then yes, its a very precise rubber, provided you can accurately control it.
About the price - when first delivered it was very close to the other O7 rubbers, and still in Japan its only 4 euro more expensive, but not 15 euro. I think that for this new hit of the price we all have to thank Calderano.

Reactions: adamkasani
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
That is hard. I wonder if players using MXP and T05 before had special versions near that hardness.

Timo himself said so, that he selects his rubbers weightwise.
The weight indicates the hardness degree, since Butterfly don't tell the exact sponge hardness.
Heavier means harder.

I'm surprised to not see any thread about this as it's an EJ's wet dream :rolleyes:

On Timo's webcoaching blog he released a video talking about his preparation for the World Team Championships:

In this video he talks and even shows his Tenergy rubbers, that he will glue on 4 blades, which he brought with him:

View attachment 16258

Here he shows a Tengergy for his forehand weighing 99,6g and talks about his backhand rubber weighing around 93g or 94g.

Interestingly he talks about how he's going to be testing his 4 rackets in the match hall and then deciding with which racket he will play the tournament and that in bigger halls he prefers softer rubbers as he prefers getting a little bit of "help"/catapult effect from the rubber and that he plays harder rubbers (he brought up to 104g for his forehand) in smaller halls.

This user has no status.
thus by comparison, if i wanted a more "controlable" rubber with relatively the same hardness compared to T05H, it should be xiom O7Asia.. logically thinking if the O7Asia has a thinner topsheet with a relatively the same sponge hardness, i think that just might be the case... even though i do know there are a lot more at stakes when comparing rubbers..

i only had some experience with O7Pro on a ZX3 blade, and it definitely is closer to the the z1turbo playing characteristics, but spinnier and better control. not sure if it was bcoz of the rubber or the blade......maybe a little bit of both...the ball dips down faster after i make a massive topspin shot compared to the z1turbo, but with such ease and nice control..... really easy to play with the xiom setup... but yeah, for me and myself, the satisfaction comes more from the few explosive shots that won me the points, rather than from me winning a game using nice and easy setup like the xiom that i tested.. quite silly actually..:p:p:p but who cares, as long as i enjoyed the game...;)

I tried O7Asia, O7Tour and Z1 Turbo but no T05Hard. This is my personal summary of their characteristics:

Control: Z1T -> O7A -> O7T
Speed: O7T -> O7A -> Z1T
Countertopspin near the table: O7A -> Z1T -> O7T
Countertopspin away from the table: O7T -> O7A -> Z1T
Spin: O7A -> Z1T -> O7T
Throw angle: Z1T -> O7T -> O7A
Smash: Z1T -> O7A -> O7T
Serve: Z1T -> O7A -> O7T
Block: O7A -> Z1T -> O7T
Soft opening Loop: Z1T -> O7A -> O7T
Hard opening Loop: O7T -> O7A = Z1T
Powerful: O7T -> O7A = Z1T
Catapult: O7T -> Z1T -> O7A

All the three rubbers are the top in the market now with Tenergy 05 Hard, so the choice depends only which is the personal taste and style of playing. The most important thing is the blade: these rubbers give different results depend on which blade you put them. Example: I use Z1T on the Victas Firefall VC and it's perfect. The O7T is not good on this blade but is perfect on Andro TP Ligna CO OFF; O7A is very good on Victas Firefall AC and VC. In the hardest blades is better Z1T, in medium hard blades the O7A and O7T. Bye everybody :)

This user has no status.
I tried O7Asia, O7Tour and Z1 Turbo but no T05Hard. This is my personal summary of their characteristics:

All the three rubbers are the top in the market now with Tenergy 05 Hard, so the choice depends only which is the personal taste and style of playing. The most important thing is the blade: these rubbers give different results depend on which blade you put them. Example: I use Z1T on the Victas Firefall VC and it's perfect. The O7T is not good on this blade but is perfect on Andro TP Ligna CO OFF; O7A is very good on Victas Firefall AC and VC. In the hardest blades is better Z1T, in medium hard blades the O7A and O7T. Bye everybody :)

Thank you very3 much for such a very comprehensive, straight to the fact kind of info. u just made my day. salute!!

This user has no status.

What I kinda see in your comment is that Z1T is more consistent than O7T when playing closer to the table.
But I read some reviews of Z1T and people say it's a rocket and pretty tough to control. How could the Asia have more speed than Z1T???