question about all wood blade!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I am a person that like all wood with 7 plys very much =) i have tried some 7-plys of wood blades, and all of them have three same thickness plys at mid, difference from allmost 5-plys of wood and carbon blades. I have seen a few 7-plys of wood blade with 1 thick core and 6 thin plys for 2 sides. But i have't try them. Do you know the different feeling about them? And why we dont have many 5-ply blade with 3 same thickness core, or alc and zlc blade with 3 same thickness cores? Tks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
The best way to get a feel for those blades you have but haven’t tried would probably be to try them. As far as feel, I think most of our resident experts would say it’s pretty dependent on the types of wood in those plies, not just the thickness. Though, it is certainly a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: M.Hoang
For 3 same thickness core, like clippers. It's stiffer, less dwell time, less spin, and more speed. It's also good for flat hitting and pimple.
2019-01-17_155948.jpg

For 1 thick+2thinner core, like MaLong 3. It's softer, more dwell time, more spin, more control, but less hitting speed. It's like an enhanced 5-ply wood.

2019-01-17_155832.jpg

I can't tell you how much difference they are as you have to try yourself. But you can decide based on your style, if you are more hitting style, you can try 3 same thickness core. If you are more into spinning style, want to keep the allwood feeling, but also want a solid spin, arc and speed when you topspin away from table, you can try the 1 thick+2thin core blades.

Reactions: M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
For 3 same thickness core, like clippers. It's stiffer, less dwell time, less spin, and more speed. It's also good for flat hitting and pimple.
View attachment 18294

For 1 thick+2thinner core, like MaLong 3. It's softer, more dwell time, more spin, more control, but less hitting speed. It's like an enhanced 5-ply wood.

View attachment 18295

I can't tell you how much difference they are as you have to try yourself. But you can decide based on your style, if you are more hitting style, you can try 3 same thickness core. If you are more into spinning style, want to keep the allwood feeling, but also want a solid spin, arc and speed when you topspin away from table, you can try the 1 thick+2thin core blades.
tks very much, in theory i think 3 same thinkness core blade is softer, spiner ,... but as your example, it 's counter =)))) maybe because of many things in process to product. i have to try more and more to find my question.