Good tabletennis shoes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
hey! i recently got injuried after playing a tournament. I did not do anything special, but the day after my foot was swollen and hur very bad. Went to the doctor today and she said that i have inflammation in the muscles and pinned(what is it called? swedish:klämd) nerves. The reason i got problems could be that my shoes is pretty soft and worn out i would say. I also have pretty long but thin feet so i need to to tighten them up pretty good which could be bad for the foot i think.

I have used Stiga Instinct 2. they are comfortable but to soft and get broken very easily.

I am now looking for shoes that would be good for my feet. Shoes that is a little harder, but still light and shoes that do not get worn out so easily.
I would prefer Tabletennis shoes, but maybe alternatives like badminton shoes could work aswell. I think it is maybe smarter to buy shoes from companys that actually make shoes, lika mizuno or asics.

Please help me to find good shoes!
thanks.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Trapped nerves in English.

ASICS shoes are excellent. The badminton or squash ones will do just fine for table tennis. Mizino have specific table tennis shoes but they are both expensive, and not as comfortable/nice fitting as the ASICS for me. But this will be different for different people.

Reactions: yoass and Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I have sensible feet and most table tennis shoes are too soft for me. Also, it's very hard here to find stores with table tennis shoes so I look at other indoor sports. I recommend you to look at badminton shoes, they are light and reinforced for sideways movements. Right now i'm using Carlton Xelerate Lite and i like them very much. They are stable, light and comfortable. Yonex also makes excellent shoes.

Reactions: Lula

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
ASICS shoes are excellent. The badminton or squash ones will do just fine for table tennis. Mizino have specific table tennis shoes but they are both expensive, and not as comfortable/nice fitting as the ASICS for me. But this will be different for different people.

I do love Mizuno Wave Drive line for TT, however they are soft. There is Mizone Wave Medal line which is more rigid and supportive. For people who seek high support of entire feet and sometimes ankle there are squash or handball/volleyball lines from both ASICS and Mizuno. They have literally dozens of models and they all perform excellent on wooden floors as well as Gertflor and similar rubber material.

Last edited:

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Another Mizuno user here ! However as other have said, they don't suit everyone. Wave Drive are good if you play on a proper floor (Gerflor, Taraflex, sprung wood) but if you play on a hard floor you may want more cushioning - Mizuno claim the Wave Medal model offers this but I've no practical experience of them so I don't know. Mizuno sizes do tend to come up rather big and the shoes are on the slighty narrow side, so if as you say you have long thin feet you might find them just right.

In terms of durability and suppor , you certainly won't go wrong with a brand like Asics though, or with badminton shoes

Reactions: whocarez and Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I think that both Stiga Liner 1 and Mizuno Wave Drive 8 are quite similar when it comes to cushioning but the Mizunos are a little bit more stable. Xiom Footwork would probably be a bad choice for you as they’re extremely flexible and soft (which can be a good thing). I’ve used all three of them and I currently weigh just over 80.

If you have a shoe size smaller than EUR44 I would recommend ASICS Blade-lyte. Several players in my training group are absolutely crazy about them. Only available from Japan so getting them is a bit tricky but they can be found on Rakuten and TT japan. Low weight, great cushioning and fantastic grip they say.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Being used to different table tennis shoes, I had Mizuno Wave Drive 7 as my last pair. They were decent enough, although with little cushioning. I noticed that my feet and knees became battered when playing on hard floors. The Wave Drive also run a bit large in size, and have a wide front. I had to size down half a size to get it right and still be careful with tying them up.

I changed to Asics Gel Rocket 7 (probably 8 now) and those shoes really made a difference. A small increase in weight, but it really helps with some cushioning and they hold up well. In addition, quite cheap and easy to find a pair.

'Pinched nerve' in English.

While many, including myself, can recommend a shoe you'd be best served locating a store and trying them on. All our feet are of different sizes and proportions.

Don't skimp on your shoes.

Chuck

P.s. I have long and narrow feet and proper fitting shoes are difficult to locate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Thanks for teaching me english and giving examples of great shoes! :) I will have to go trough your suggestion and see what i think. I think it need to be some shoes were i can test them, otherwise it will be difficult to know the size and how they fit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think they need to be more stable and steady in general. More the side of the shoes, so the foot can not move as much.

I am swollen around my toes and the upper side of foot, like on the foot.

I think they need to be more stable and steady in general. More the side of the shoes, so the foot can not move as much.

I am swollen around my toes and the upper side of foot, like on the foot.

It seems like you got tendon inflammation due to strain or pressure.
Shoes are important but aside direct injuries which you will feel immediarely, such inflamations may happen always no matter the shoes, or may not happen at all. Of course its good to find the best and most comfortable shoes, so you really have to try them.
Everyone has a different feel, but for me shoes with thicker soles and harder boards maybe not exactly the best for TT, or at least for people with ankle and foot problems.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Asics Bladelyte 3 - best shoes. Light, grippy and comfortable. They are bestseller at Iruiru.com. Quite expensive but worth!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I will have to read through what are the names of the shoes you are recommending and see if i have the possiblity to try them.

TTEX is in Stockholm so i will proably go there and try the shoes.

Which of the shoes do you think i should go for? I do believe Mizuno do good shoes?

https://www.ttex.se/en/42-skor

Edit: May also have the possibility to try shoes from this site.
https://www.pppingis.se/skor/

Have anyone tried the Yasaka shoe Jet Impact? I am a coach and player in a Yasaka club so we might get them cheaper.

Thank you very much for all help. Appreciate it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
TTEX will have most shoes from Mizuno, Stiga and Xiom. For Mizuno I recommend that you try Wave Drive which probably is the most commonly used TT shoe in the world.

edit: The Butterfly Lezoline shoes are quite popular judging what the kids wear at tournaments. I really dislike the design but they must be fairly decent as Harimoto uses them.

Last edited: