Rakza 7 vs Evolution MX-S?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
When I wanted to choose rubbers, I tried them both from teammates. I'm intermediate and haven't tried many rubbers at all.
Both where tested on an innerforce alc blade for one session of 2 hours each.

For me and my skills, mxs was rock hard and quite uncontrollable, but very fast and very spinny I'd say.
Rakza was fast too, but not so fast, it was quite spinny too, maybe a little less than mxs but can't be sure about that, and I could control it quite easily.

I would like to state again that my level is much lower than most players here and probably I can't review the whole potential of the rubbers, I'm just saying my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtcollins
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'm not sure why Yogi says mxp is more durable. Rakza7 is about 4 times as durable than anything in the Evolution series.
Anyway, MX-P is faster and better for direct play. Rakza7 is spinnier.
But a lot of it depends on synergy with the blade.

Both are difficult rubbers. Try something else.

Rakza7 soft is an awesome suggestion.

This user has no status.
I'm not sure why Yogi says mxp is more durable. Rakza7 is about 4 times as durable than anything in the Evolution series.
Anyway, MX-P is faster and better for direct play. Rakza7 is spinnier.
But a lot of it depends on synergy with the blade.

Both are difficult rubbers. Try something else.

Rakza7 soft is an awesome suggestion.

MX-S not MX-P...

MX-S is known to be a very durable rubber. Rakza 7 just an average ESN rubber on that regard.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
MX-S not MX-P...

MX-S is known to be a very durable rubber. Rakza 7 just an average ESN rubber on that regard.

You're right, MX-S is better than MX-P, where the booster effect wears off pretty fast and it becomes eh...
But MX-S is less durable than rakza7 also. I used MX-S for 2 sheets. It kept fraying around the edges and sort of crumbling. Granted this is my experience but I've read from quite a few others that this is indeed a tendency of the evolution series.
It may be considered durable because the sponge is hard, but Rakza7 has a sponge about as hard only with a lasting topsheet. Rakza is much better than those newer synthetic rubbers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have a TB-ALC. I have had S2, MX-S and Rakza 7 2mm on both sides.
The S2 played well but I felt it was too soft for the FH. I tried MX-S because it was harder. It wasn't bad but it just didn't feel right. The rubber shrank on the blade. I was not happy about that.
I like Rakza 7. It seems to be between S2 and MX-S.

BTW, I have a c-pen YEO with Rakza 7 soft max on it. I have posted video me playing c-pen with it on the "how many c-pen players are there" thread. Rakza 7 soft max is very spinny as demonstrated in the video.

i don't see a need for Rakza 7 max unless you play far from the table and really need to hit hard often without worrying about bottoming out the sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I’ve heard it’s slightly slower but harder and spinnier. But I don’t know how much weight I can hold to one persons opinion.

Sent from my i Phone using Tapatalk

I agree. Slower really means more linear with less catapult. I really don't like the catapult of Vega Pro either so I prefer G1 to it as well.