14 rubbers to choose for my backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I'm almost sure I will end up with Tibhar EL-P that I asked about its durability in different thread. However, the reason why I even considered EL-P is that I'm limited now to choose something from very narrow set of rubbers. I will list them and if any of the rubbers seem to fit my needs more please post your thoughts.

I am a penholder using RPB instead of TPB. I play with Chinese tacky rubber on both sides of the racket. However once i get the glue I will change it to other tacky rubber that I have (to see the difference between 729 bloom spin and power). But after that I will glue the rubber that I hope you guys help me to choose. I use my backhand for loops and flicks. For short game (except flicks) I use almost exclusively my forehand as penhold grip allows that most of the times. I'm looking mainly for good spin as I always feel like it is a lot easier to overcome slower equipment with physical abilities than to make up for lack of spin from rubber.

my blade is DHS pg3 which has koto outer layer

1. EL-P
2. Nimbus sound
3. FX-P
4. Aurus sound
5. Mark V
6. Nimbus
7. Vari spin d.tecs
8. joola samba
9. sinus sound
10. pryde 30
11. Mark V GPS
12. samba +
13 Joola energy x-tra
14. Calibra LT

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
thanks. previously I played with ak47. Does samba+ or fx-p (or any other from the list) have much more spin than ak47 does?

This user has no status.
I'm almost sure I will end up with Tibhar EL-P that I asked about its durability in different thread. However, the reason why I even considered EL-P is that I'm limited now to choose something from very narrow set of rubbers. I will list them and if any of the rubbers seem to fit my needs more please post your thoughts.

I am a penholder using RPB instead of TPB. I play with Chinese tacky rubber on both sides of the racket. However once i get the glue I will change it to other tacky rubber that I have (to see the difference between 729 bloom spin and power). But after that I will glue the rubber that I hope you guys help me to choose. I use my backhand for loops and flicks. For short game (except flicks) I use almost exclusively my forehand as penhold grip allows that most of the times. I'm looking mainly for good spin as I always feel like it is a lot easier to overcome slower equipment with physical abilities than to make up for lack of spin from rubber.

my blade is DHS pg3 which has koto outer layer

1. EL-P
2. Nimbus sound
3. FX-P
4. Aurus sound
5. Mark V
6. Nimbus
7. Vari spin d.tecs
8. joola samba
9. sinus sound
10. pryde 30
11. Mark V GPS
12. samba +
13 Joola energy x-tra
14. Calibra LT

Is there any special reason it has to be one of these 14?

Reactions: Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
All of those are pretty soft rubbers if Im not wrong, But i am not sure. And almost all of them have inbuilt glue effect except some. Do you think you Will notice much different between these rubbers? I am not a equipment expert, But i think alot of rubbers is pretty close to eachother in how they play.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
They're all pretty similar. Aurus sound is pretty good.
It's the one out of them which I know is both fast, spinny, not heavy and lasts a bit.

Others (like fxp/elp) weigh way too much for what they do and I don't like that for backhand, but it depends. If you're powerful then weight shouldn't matter to you too much.

But I'd scrap all those and go for Rakza7 soft myself

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have played with rakza soft and it is a good rubber! So i can also recommend that. But i think harder rubber is better if you have good acceleration. Feel like it happens alot more when you are trying to Do a harder shot. A softer rubber kinda gives up in my opinion.

Reactions: alas26
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Man ... I would suggest something, but honestly I'm not sure if the shake-hand experience can really translate to the RPB ... What store are you talking about? Gasport, Aga sport, Modest, Inters? :)

None of them. If that would be the case I would go for other rubber. It's decathlon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
None of them. If that would be the case I would go for other rubber. It's decathlon.

Ah (rozumiem : ) I used to play with Nimbus, while ago, basically different era. It was not too spinny but blocking was very controllable. Sound versions tend to be quite soft. Fx-s was tricky to handle for me (quite spin reactive, but for rpb ... who knows) EL-P seems to be safest bet for me too, like yogi_bear suggested. They used to have Acuda s2 ...
Far from Kraków? : )

[Edit] One of our Women Ekstraklasa players used the penhold grip and tpb. She used Calibra for her fh ... but it it was LT, don't know. She was Chinese, and she had very high regard for Stiga rubbers, but can't say any more details.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Ah (rozumiem : ) I used to play with Nimbus, while ago, basically different era. It was not too spinny but blocking was very controllable. Sound versions tend to be quite soft. Fx-s was tricky to handle for me (quite spin reactive, but for rpb ... who knows) EL-P seems to be safest bet for me too, like yogi_bear suggested. They used to have Acuda s2 ...
Far from Kraków? : )

[Edit] One of our Women Ekstraklasa players used the penhold grip and tbd. She used Calibra for her fh ... but it it was LT, don't know. She was Chinese, and she had very high regard for Stiga rubbers, but can't say any more details.

Yogi suggested otherwise regarding el-p. He felt like it was a dead rubber.
Very far from Kraków :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Yogi suggested otherwise regarding el-p. He felt like it was a dead rubber.
Very far from Kraków :)

Yogi is the expert here, I'm more of an equipment freak ... :) + I haven't play Samba ... it might be lighter and this might be worth consideration for the rpb (just guessing)...
Closer to the sea? : )

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Yogi is the expert here, I'm more of an equipment freak ... :) + I haven't play samba, so ... Samba might be lighter and it might be worth consideration for the rpb (just guessing)...
Closer to the sea? : )

Kujawsko-pomorskie.

Regarding the weight of the rubber... I couldn't care less. I have head heavy setup so I just taped some coins to the handle for better balance. Its over 200g and feels like nothing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Kujawsko-pomorskie.

Regarding the weight of the rubber... I couldn't care less. I have head heavy setup so I just taped some coins to the handle for better balance. Its over 200g and feels like nothing.

I honestly don't remember el-p being "dead". I tried to play blocks + controlled attack, didn't stick with it true .. maybe blocks were a little hard to predict - for me of course, but have seen many people using it. So ... can't really say more, but Yogi is for sure a reliable expert ...

... wait a second ... "coins taped to the handle"? :)

Last edited:
Dead as not being super slow but it seem to lack the bounciness compared to fxp being a backhand rubber. El-s is much better. I would say el-p is good. For the forehand as not being too bouncy gives better control.