World Ping Pong Champion vs TableTennisDaily's Dan!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I think table tennis should be like this, you bring your own blade but organizers provide you with one specific kind of covering, the same for all players (be it sandpaper, acuda or dignics ... ) No Formula 1 stuff, equal chances, no ej'ing ... ; )

Sounds like communism to me.

On a more serious note, i don't think anybody wants all TT companies to go bankrupt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Sounds like communism to me.

On a more serious note, i don't think anybody wants all TT companies to go bankrupt.

Really like your observation. Well at the moment, we sort of have a more or less predatory capitalism ... don't we ; )
Don't know why but the equal sandpaper idea sounds appealing to me ...

says Aging is a killer
The TT rules for equipment have resulted in players (at top level) basically use gear that have the same basic characteristics.
I remember a few years back when Tenergy was really popular, at least 70-80% of players at tournaments were using it. The rest were using other brands that more or less mimicked Tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
A lot of pro's already use the same stuff (Tenergy 05)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A600FN met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Maybe a lot but NOT all.
[Emoji6]
And I must say that I really enjoy diversity. In real life there is no one-size-fits-all.
What is good for the goose doesn't necessarily have to be good for the ganter.

Besides I think the world is big enough for both versions of the sport to coexist. Don't ya think?

Reactions: Tinykin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Maybe a lot but NOT all.
[Emoji6]
And I must say that I really enjoy diversity. In real life there is no one-size-fits-all.
What is good for the goose doesn't necessarily have to be good for the ganter.

Besides I think the world is big enough for both versions of the sport to coexist. Don't ya think?

So, I've seen some videos available in the current WC of Ping Pong:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?20105-World-Championship-of-Ping-Pong-2019

The more I watch it, the more I want to buy this kind of paddle and start playing it.
So easy to watch, audience is very engaged.

Practically:
- no serve mistakes
- no receive mistakes
- no "banana" second ball attacks
- no third ball attacks (I mean those caused by weak receives)

Rallies are frequent and quite awesome. Each point has to be played and "earned".

Watching Ping Pong one can clearly see how regular tt went technical nowadays. Sure, same rubbers would probably be Utopian ... ; ) but I really love those aspect of Ping Pong that are missing in tt.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
So, I've seen some videos available in the current WC of Ping Pong:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?20105-World-Championship-of-Ping-Pong-2019

The more I watch it, the more I want to buy this kind of paddle and start playing it.
So easy to watch, audience is very engaged.

Practically:
- no serve mistakes
- no receive mistakes
- no "banana" second ball attacks
- no third ball attacks (I mean those caused by weak receives)

Rallies are often and quite awesome. Each point has to be played and "earned".

Watching Ping Pong one can clearly see how regular tt went technical nowadays. Sure, same rubbers would probably be Utopian ... ; ) but I really love those aspect of Ping Pong that are missing in tt.

No need to explain yourself. If you like it then good for you
Actually it even gets a bit exhausting, 'cause just like those reappearing EJ-threads, posts like yours keep also reappering every year after the WPCC.
And usually then someone jumps in and starts pointing out that this is a tt-forum, not a pp-forum.
[Emoji2]
But no need for feeling bad, as long as you just like this part of the sport and not try to convince anyone who feels otherwise.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
No need to explain yourself. If you like it then good for you
Actually it even gets a bit exhausting, 'cause just like those reappearing EJ-threads, posts like yours keep also reappering every year after the WPCC.
And usually then someone jumps in and starts pointing out that this is a tt-forum, not a pp-forum.
[Emoji2]
But no need for feeling bad, as long as you just like this part of the sport and not try to convince anyone who feels otherwise.

Suga D it's complicated : )
Sure I won't try to convince you that pp is better than tt, but at the same time I like to criticize the current shape of tt, and WPPC is a good opportunity, so why not ;)

To be honest I was bored too, reading the EJ threads recently and WPPC gave me quite a relief. I also think my posts here, are withstanding the "tt - not pp - forum" argument : ) If there is an opinion that tt went too far on the technical side, than here you go, you have something very similar and it shows a different angle of how the things could look like.

I try to perceive tt competitions as a social events too. Many will say tt is a very social sport in general so this current technical side "being on steroids" is not supporting this aspect of the sport. Have the impression PP is doing much better here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D