World Ping Pong Champion vs TableTennisDaily's Dan!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys!

Next week will see the 2019 World Ping Pong Championships at the Alexndra Palace in London! What a better way to try out ping pong than to take on 2 x World Champion Andrew Baggaley! Ping Pong is played with sand paper bats, and this prestigious event has a total of $100,000 prize money!

Find out who wins in this unique battle! Enjoy!

Who's tried sandpaper table tennis? Let me know in the comments.

I'll be attending the event, anyone from here going?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Should they not be able to flat hit more? Since there is No grip. In regular tabletennis i use short pimple and once a year i play a tournament with just the blade and i can almost use the same technique. But it is almost just possible to flathit against backspin and they counter alot here so it migth be hard to flathit if it is the same. And Maybe these rackets is slower than the bare blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hey guys!

Next week will see the 2019 World Ping Pong Championships at the Alexndra Palace in London! What a better way to try out ping pong than to take on 2 x World Champion Andrew Baggaley! Ping Pong is played with sand paper bats, and this prestigious event has a total of $100,000 prize money!

Find out who wins in this unique battle! Enjoy!

Who's tried sandpaper table tennis? Let me know in the comments.

I'll be attending the event, anyone from here going?

that was a very nice video. As not familiar enough with PingPong I watched it with a lot of interest. Thought it would be a lot of fast flat hitting, but was surprised that technique seems quite the same as in TT. Just there is no curved trajectory from the strokes.

And as everyone noticed, it seems Dan is better playing against PingPong Champion than a "regular" TT pro :D . So the conclusion should be that PingPong in general is simpler and easier game compared to TT, or is it just me who thinks so..?

Also, Dan could give some comments on his impressions and compare PingPong vs Table tennis

Reactions: Jirrex
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Too bad the Championships are not going to be on the internetz ... are they?

Probably hidden behind a paywall. Sky Sports gonna broadcast a bit and I´ve heard from a friend that DAZN (Da Zone) also will broadcast., but they aren´t for free.

www.worldchampionshipofpingpong.net might carry some more info on this topic.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
Would actually be pretty interesting to see you go against him using smooth against his sandpaper, you might be surprised at how difficult it may be! haha

Theres a guy in Bristol who uses hardbat in competitions and I am sure Dan has faced him many times so I reckon he has an idea how hard it would be given Baggaley is a lot stronger. Would be interesting to see!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Theres a guy in Bristol who uses hardbat in competitions and I am sure Dan has faced him many times so I reckon he has an idea how hard it would be given Baggaley is a lot stronger. Would be interesting to see!

Doesn't Baggaley usually play with inverted anymore? I thought sandpaper was only seasonal.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Doesn't Baggaley usually play with inverted anymore? I thought sandpaper was only seasonal.

Yes he plays normal league TT in Croatia. On the other hand hardbat/sandpaper is taking off in China and he's recently been out there to play hardbat, or so he told me a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: Suga D
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Yea he takes time off each year to train for sandpaper, it used to be around 2 months a year. I played with him a little in 2015 in China, he has great touch. But hell how about those backhands with the sandpaper racket?!!! Unworldly!