Viscaria vs long 5

I would suggest Long 5 to any player that want to have more dwell time and spin over Viscaria. I've been testing different setups over the past few months, and here's a list of what I tried:
  1. Butterfly Viscaria; Forehand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.2mm); Backhand: Skyline 3-60 (37°, 2.1mm), later switched to Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.15mm).
  2. Stiga Nostalgic Offensive; Forehand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.2mm); Backhand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.15mm), later switched to Gold Arc 5 (42.5°, max).
  3. Stiga Nostalgic VII; Forehand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.2mm); Backhand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.15mm), later switched to Tenergy 64.
  4. Butterfly Innerforce Layer ZLC; Forehand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.2mm), absolutely hated it this and immediately switch to Tenergy 05 after one day; Backhand: Tenergy 80.
  5. Butterfly Apolonia ZLC; Forehand: Tenergy 05, Backhand: Tenergy 80. I admit I got this blade just because it looks nicer than the Innerforce Layer ZLC, and this is the daily paddle I use right now.
  6. Hurricane Long 5: Forehand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.2mm); Backhand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.15mm). Ok, so this one isn't mine yet, it's my friend's setup but I already put an order in because I just love the feel of it. Perfect combination of bounciness and stickiness (am I making up words now?), but I like it so much I kept borrowing it. This combination of blade and rubber fits my play style perfectly, where as the Apolonia ZLC needs a bit of adjustment for me, and I have to constantly remind myself what to do and what not to do. Not saying Apolonia ZLC is bad, it can do what I want it to do, it's just if I'm in a middle of a game and I'm tired, some old habits creeps back and I find myself wanting the Long 5.
  7. Potential new blade: Xiom Ice Cream AZXi, seems very interesting and I have one on order as well, will be paring it with Xiom Vega China and Vega Asia.

Sure looks like a Viscaria
maxresdefault.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2019
Ok, I tried posting this a few weeks back, but my account got disabled for some reason when posting, and after waiting for a long time I just gave up on the mods fixing it and registered this new account. Anyways, here goes nothing.

I would suggest Long 5 to any player that want to have more dwell time and spin over Viscaria. I've been testing different setups over the past few months, and here's a list of what I tried:
Butterfly Viscaria; Forehand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.2mm); Backhand: Skyline 3-60 (37°, 2.1mm), later switched to Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.15mm).
Stiga Nostalgic Offensive; Forehand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.2mm); Backhand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.15mm), later switched to Gold Arc 5 (42.5°, max).
Stiga Nostalgic VII; Forehand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.2mm); Backhand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.15mm), later switched to Tenergy 64.
Butterfly Innerforce Layer ZLC; Forehand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.2mm), absolutely hated it this and immediately switch to Tenergy 05 after one day; Backhand: Tenergy 80.
Butterfly Apolonia ZLC; Forehand: Tenergy 05, Backhand: Tenergy 80. I admit I got this blade just because it looks nicer than the Innerforce Layer ZLC, and this is the daily paddle I use right now.
Hurricane Long 5: Forehand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.2mm); Backhand: Hurricane 8 (39°, 2.15mm). Ok, so this one isn't mine yet, it's my friend's setup but I already put an order in because I just love the feel of it. Perfect combination of bounciness and stickiness (am I making up words now?), but I like it so much I kept borrowing it. This combination of blade and rubber fits my play style perfectly, where as the Apolonia ZLC needs a bit of adjustment for me, and I have to constantly remind myself what to do and what not to do. Not saying Apolonia ZLC is bad, it can do what I want it to do, it's just if I'm in a middle of a game and I'm tired, some old habits creeps back and I find myself wanting the Long 5.
Potential new blade: Xiom Ice Cream AZXi, seems very interesting and I have one on order as well, will be paring it with Xiom Vega China and Vega Asia, or maybe Omega VII Tour and Omega VII Asia.