Rubber than can do low effort touch shots

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Im using an evolution mx-p but whenever i try to do low impact strokes against top/side spin serves the rubber makes a strange noise and balls end up the net. Additionally, my club is very humid so top sheet isnt very effective.

NO TENERGY. K THX

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
The MX-P isn't the problem.

All rubbers suffer from humidity, but that also means the server has less spin so it's really not that which is causing you to miss the serve returns.

That said, if you're looking for something to make those short returns easier, generally a hard rubber is best (but that comes with a whole slew of other problems, which get even worse with high humidity), or a low speed rubber (best solution) like Mark5 or Sriver.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I agree with Lightzy that a harder rubber that is less bounce is proably easier to handle, and the racket maybe is just to fast. I also feel that it sounds strange, how can the ball go to the net against a sidetopspin/topspin serve? That should be almost impossible in my opinion. For that to happen you need to have tha angle very very close since the ball will go up when it hits the rubber or you misread the serve and it is backspin, this would make best sense. If you try to do a short push against a sidetopspin or topspin serve i think it is better to push long with an open angle or flip the ball. It is very difficult to push these serves short, and i think only second highest league players in Sweden can do it properly.