timoboll alc vs joola aruna off (not off+)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hey guys, I'm willing to buy one of two it'll be real help if anyone could compare the two, listing their pros and cons and what would they prefer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi Mohammed, I saw you PM'ed me, but I will answer you here on your thread instead replying you in private.

TB ALC and Aruna Off are two completely different blades. Aruna OFF is an inner carbon blade with outer hinoki where as TB ALC is an outer composite blade with Koto outer. Aruna OFF has a soft feel and good dwell and is good for spin oriented players that is active on the balls. TB ALC is stiffer and needs more practice to play consistent due to it is faster. I liked the Aruna Off very much because I had the feeling that dwell was long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi Mohammed, I saw you PM'ed me, but I will answer you here on your thread instead replying you in private.

TB ALC and Aruna Off are two completely different blades. Aruna OFF is an inner carbon blade with outer hinoki where as TB ALC is an outer composite blade with Koto outer. Aruna OFF has a soft feel and good dwell and is good for spin oriented players that is active on the balls. TB ALC is stiffer and needs more practice to play consistent due to it is faster. I liked the Aruna Off very much because I had the feeling that dwell was long.
thanks alot. could you tell me what styles would the aruna suit too, and if a shift from alc to aruna would be a good choice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
thanks alot. could you tell me what styles would the aruna suit too, and if a shift from alc to aruna would be a good choice
That's hard to say when I haven't seen you play and I don't know how long you have played as well as I dont know your level...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I’ve only used the Viscaria (which is quite similar to Timo Boll ALC) but I played with the Aruna OFF for about 4 months and they were extremely different. The Aruna OFF is much softer and has got the feeling of an all wood blade but it’s still much faster than a traditional all wood blade when you hit hard. Both are way too fast for me so you probably shouldn’t listen to me too much :)

Edit: Looping was easier with the Aruna for me but BH flicking was a dream with the Viscaria.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
That's hard to say when I haven't seen you play and I don't know how long you have played as well as I dont know your level...
lets say that i have a good backhand. the problem with alc i findn every now and then is that I find it fast. secondly i think i have to develop few of my strokes better and believe that the learning with the alc would be harder

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I played Aruna Quadri OFF, first love it, second+- 2 months later I had too thick shoots+ high throw of blade= overshooting.
I got right now tibhar powerspin carbon which play propably very very similar to TB ALC or spirit. Too fast for myself.
I will think more about Joola Rossi Emotion or all wood blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I played Aruna Quadri OFF, first love it, second+- 2 months later I had too thick shoots+ high throw of blade= overshooting.
I got right now tibhar powerspin carbon which play propably very very similar to TB ALC or spirit. Too fast for myself.
I will think more about Joola Rossi Emotion or all wood blade

I didn't get it what is thick shoots. So what you're implying is that aruna off was too fast for ya ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
They are both good blades, Giangt and others have given accurate review. If your defense and touch is weak and you need to be more consistent, use the Aruna. If you are an advanced player or train a lot and have good technique, especially in the short game and on defense, use the Boll ALC. I am using Boll ALC now and it is a struggle to get used to it for me, but I don't train every day like most of the people who use it well do.