This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Hands down for tsp gaia
Its better than all from list

Head size ,thickness, hardness and quality...only
Rosewood has very different material composition

This user has no status.
I am playing with Xiom Offensive S for the last 2 years and I'm completely satisfied. Also tried Primorac and Korbel but didn't like them as much as Offensive S. Can't remember which Primorac version was it but I didn't like the feeling, while Korbel was pretty good.
But I feel Xiom Off S is better than both, faster, nice dwell, good in blocks, great control with nice sweet spot for an all wood blade, quality made.

Don't know about others but from what I hear, Infinity and TSPW are also good, if not better than Xiom Off S.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I am playing with Xiom Offensive S for the last 2 years and I'm completely satisfied. Also tried Primorac and Korbel but didn't like them as much as Offensive S. Can't remember which Primorac version was it but I didn't like the feeling, while Korbel was pretty good.
But I feel Xiom Off S is better than both, faster, nice dwell, good in blocks, great control with nice sweet spot for an all wood blade, quality made.

Don't know about others but from what I hear, Infinity and TSPW are also good, if not better than Xiom Off S.

Hey I like your setup!!

In more subjective terms I want to say the Offensive S has that sort of absolute "do it all" quality to it, excellent finish and a great mix of dwell yet feeling very steady and consistent. Hard to do a better overall package in terms of compromises, if you factor in the price. Of course the other blades listed are mostly similar, except for the Rosewood, and I agree that the Primorac felt a little dead when I tried one. With the Stratus PW you need to know that the headsize is a little bigger, which can be a good or a bad thing depending on what you like. My Off S is already head-heavy as it is with the Rakzas, not unbearably so and actually in a way that I like, but you may want to take that into consideration.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Hi, currently I'm playing with TSPW and I find it bit too hard/stiff. It's been a while since, during few practice sessions, I used Xiom Offensive S so I can't really remember if XOS is also hard/stiff or it's more on medium or softer side. If anyone had a chance to compare them please let me know. Thanks!

says this one nice information sharing and share very useful...
says this one nice information sharing and share very useful...
Jan 2019
superb article. now time body med is working good for pepole.

Hello, does anybody has an experience with below listed blades? It would be great if you could compare them.

• Avalox BT550
  • Butterfly Korbel
  • Butterfly Primorac
  • Stiga Infinity VPS V
  • Stiga Rosewood V
  • Xiom Offensive S
  • Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

Thank you in advance

So I've never actually written a review, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I've played with the Stiga Infinity, TSPW, and the Xiom. I'm currently using the Xiom blade with Rozena on FH and Evolution FX-S on the backhand. I also have the TSPW in my bag with the exact same set up. I was previously using a Viscaria and I wanted to get a little more control so I switched to those two blades. Here's what I noticed.

The feeling of the Xiom and TSPW are really close. They both feel soft, especially compared to the Viscaria. Both give off some vibrations. I was okay with this because after reading some posts by Carl, I wanted to start feeling where the ball was contacting the blade. It's been a long time since I used my Infinity (I broke it) but I want to say the Infinity felt harder because of the Diamond Touch layer.

Speed wise, the TSPW and Infinity are close with the Xiom being the more controlled of the three. That's why I'm using it rather than the TSPW right now. All three have gears too! Soft shots come off slower and power shots have some zip. The TSPW and Infinity give more power.

I find the Xiom to be the most flexible, followed by the TSPW and then Infinity. Creating spin is so much easier with the Xiom and I find it so much easier to lift backspin (dwell time and flex help, maybe?).

So, in my opinion, if you want something to finish points and be more aggressive, go with the TSPW or Infinity (but the TSPW is just as much of a blade for less cost). Want a little more control, go with the Xiom. I really enjoy my game with the Xiom right now.

Hope this helps.

This user has no status.
Hello, does anybody has an experience with below listed blades? It would be great if you could compare them.

• Avalox BT550
  • Butterfly Korbel
  • Butterfly Primorac
  • Stiga Infinity VPS V
  • Stiga Rosewood V
  • Xiom Offensive S
  • Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

Thank you in advance

I have played with Avalox BT550, BTY Korbel, BTY Primorac and Xiom Offensive S. I found the Xiom to be the hardest and fastest, but has by far the most comfortable handle (and best weight distribution). The Avalox is the softest and very good for close to the table looping. Pretty comfy handle but a bit head heavy. Korbel is, in my opinion, between the two aforementioned blades. Thin handle (but still pretty comfortable) and a large head. I found the Primorac pretty dull and I just couldn't stand it. But they're all good blades and depending on your playing style you shouldn't have any problems finding a suitable blade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Equaaz and Kontra