Marvellous 12 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Next to Mima Ito I’d say LSW is rather tall. :) No lack of power there, though. But that’s a very different style, of course, with different demands in this respect.

Hence my reference to flatter style. Mima Ito is also younger and has what I think (without having seen LSW in person) is likely a more powerful base, but the last point is speculation. Small is not the same thing as height, and for all I know, LSW has the base.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Why is the ITTF (or more likely Ian Marshall) billing/reporting this event under the masthead 'World Championships 2019'?
It's bad enough having 15 years of endless Chinese domination at the Worlds without reporting a Chinese national event as the World Championship, even though it's largely a foregone conclusion that China will once more sweep the singles events.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
You guys with lots of experience, is it possible in a very health way, to improve footwork at age of 28 like DN?

Because I feel like she has lostit (I guess for obvious reasons and it's ok) and balls she would reach now she doesn't because of lack of movement even with her arms length and we only see her throwing herself at the ball uselessly, not that it get in her way to win

Enviado de meu SM-J250Y usando o Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You guys with lots of experience, is it possible in a very health way, to improve footwork at age of 28 like DN?

Because I feel like she has lostit (I guess for obvious reasons and it's ok) and balls she would reach now she doesn't because of lack of movement even with her arms length and we only see her throwing herself at the ball uselessly, not that it get in her way to win

These matches don't matter to her. Watch her play a match when she really cares and see whether that is happening.

This user has no status.
Has anyone else noticed that if Sun Yingsha wins her last match, she will come second in this event?

well i want to confirm that. If both SYS and DN win they will have the same number of victories, and SYS did beat DN

However SYS is in the decider

and to break ties, do they look at face to face , at set ratio , or do they do a tiebreak rematch ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
well i want to confirm that. If both SYS and DN win they will have the same number of victories, and SYS did beat DN

However SYS is in the decider

and to break ties, do they look at face to face , at set ratio , or do they do a tiebreak rematch ?

Head to head.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
These matches don't matter to her. Watch her play a match when she really cares and see whether that is happening.
That's the thing, I mainly follow her matches and I've noticed it for long time since last year, I guess for Tokyo things will be different, but most of the opens and bigger tournaments last year she lost balls she used to not to 'cause less movement, but someone of her caliber still wins without it which is amazing

I just miss her walk around that makes her even more marvelous

Last edited:
This user has no status.
ITTF is showing the wrong table. Sun Yingsha just won and is likely going crazy with celebration and we are watching matches that don't matter. Great. Though to be fair, 11-0 is a good story too.

So if it is confirmed CHEN Meng and SUN Yingsha got their ticket through the Marvelous 12 tournament,

who will get the 3 other spots ?
I think DING Ning is safe, but amoung ZHU Yuling, LIU Shiwen and WANG Manyu, one will be missing

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So if it is confirmed CHEN Meng and SUN Yingsha got their ticket through the Marvelous 12 tournament,

who will get the 3 other spots ?
I think DING Ning is safe, but amoung ZHU Yuling, LIU Shiwen and WANG Manyu, one will be missing

Yeah - they may have internal trials again for another spot, but if the coaches pick according to old history, Wang Manyu is the one to get chopped.

But if course, they have to confirm the Sun Yingsha and they may find a way out of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Although the last match is still ongoing, the women's ranking has been decided. For convenience's sake, I will just list it here.

1) Chen Meng
2) Sun Yingsha
3) Ding Ning
4) Wang Manyu (LOL)
5) Liu Shiwen
6) Zhu Yuling
7) Wang Yidi
8) Chen Xingtong
9) Sun Mingyang
10) Wu Yang
11) He Zhuojia
12) Gu Yuting

Men

1) Fan Zhendong
2) Liang Jingkun
3) Xue Fei (What?)
4) Yu Ziyang
5) Fang Bo
6) Xu Xin
7) Zhou Kai
8) Yan An
9) Lin Gaoyuan
10) Xu Chenhao
11) Wang Chuqin
12) Zhao Zihao

*Thanks NextLevel for pointing it out :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Although the last match is still ongoing, the women's ranking has been decided. For convenience's sake, I will just list it here.

1) Chen Meng
2) Sun Yingsha
3) Wang Manyu (LOL)
4) Ding Ning
5) Liu Shiwen
6) Zhu Yuling
7) Wang Yidi
8) Chen Xingtong
9) Sun Mingyang
10) Wu Yang
11) He Zhuojia
12) Gu Yuting

Men

1) Fan Zhendong
2) Liang Jingkun
3) Xue Fei (What?)
4) Yu Ziyang
5) Fang Bo
6) Xu Xin
7) Zhou Kai
8) Yan An
9) Lin Gaoyuan
10) Xu Chenhao
11) Wang Chuqin
12) Zhao Zihao

I think you have the Ding Ning vs Wang Manyu order wrong.

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
At the start of the award ceremony:
Emcee: "After 4 days of competition, are you folks tired?"
Crowd: "Tired!"
Emcee: "Then why didn't you say so during the competition?"

And then before the group photo, Yan An tried to grab the "certificate" from FZD!

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Poor SYS. She really didn't get a confirmed singles slot during the ceremony. I guess it will continue to be Ding, Liu, Zhu, Chen and Wang.