Equipment help!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Can anyone compare these rubbers in terms of sponge hardness and durability: Rakza 7, tenergy 05 , tibhar mxp, tenergy 05 hard, joola rhyzm p

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'm not sure what dominus is talking about, I think someone gave him false information because it's all backwards.

In hardness, it's T05H (above 50) > Rakza7 (47.5) > MXP (45-6) = T05

In durability: Rakza7 > T05 > MXP.

Also MXP is one of the least durable rubbers there are. It frays and crumbles around the edges and its factory boost runs out after a few weeks.

Rhyzm-p I wouldn't even bother with :>

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I'm not sure what dominus is talking about, I think someone gave him false information because it's all backwards.

In hardness, it's T05H > Rakza7 > MXP > T05

In durability: Rakza7 > T05 > MXP

Rakza is 47.5 hardness while MXP is around 45, and T05 is also about medium.

Also MXP is one of the least durable rubbers there are. It frays and crumbles around the edges and its factory boost runs out after a few weeks.

I Think you're a little high or the lunch had to much chilli, check the pic, MXP has ~46,7, but I've got 47,5 or harder, since r7 is 47 or less, because is it softer than MXP, and about long lasting r7 is a crap or at least I've got two bad batch, other case is MXP which lasted 6 months, I didn't tried the t05h either joola, T05 was amazing but lasted 4 months or so, after that the boost and topsheet become bad and worse
3b84bdc52b847f28e3d344f8ad9709a5.jpg

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Dominus, just stop, you're lying to the dude and to yourself. You just said that a 45 rubber is harder than a 47.5 rubber because of ur subjective experience.

Rakza7 is harder than MXP

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
And my MXP is complete, didn't fall apart, or chip away, otherwise is r7, and I'm not using the racquet as hammer to hit the table, but I've hit several times rubber against the table , just lost the little brightness from the topsheet but didn't lost the grip, other thing is the r7 that chip away in every time that I've hit the table and got reverse dome... Not good at all, and worse lost their grippy topsheet just in 3 months, the least durable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Dominus, just stop, you're lying to the dude and to yourself. You just said that a 45 rubber is harder than a 47.5 rubber because of ur subjective experience.

Rakza7 is harder than MXP
You stop. And you're lying to the guy, because your subjective experience, I've sent a prove MXP is not 45 as you said... Or you're blind too? There are not worst blind that the one which doesn't want see

Reactions: Mohammad Ahmed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I'm sorry, I think we have different experiences, and both are valid, the difference between r7 and mxp is the topsheet is harder r7 than mxp, so is understandable can feel the rubber harder, than mxp which have softer topsheet, however, I didn't tried whole rubbers that the dude said, and we can offer our experience as reference, because I think this dude at least can seek some info about it and not do a lazy way

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
It's not about subjective experience though. Rakza7 is documented to be 47.5 while MXP is documented to be lower.
For example, in Dan's review he says it's 45.6 or something like that. Roughly the same as T05.

Rakza7 is a harder rubber according to pretty much everyone including the company that makes MXP.
Just admit mistake, it's not a bad thing to do

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018

In hardness, it's T05H (above 50) > Rakza7 (47.5) > MXP (45-6) = T05

In durability: Rakza7 > T05 > MXP.

Thanks alot. I really appreciate your help. YEs, i agree that mxp is not known for its durability.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hardness sponge: MXP>R7>T05
Durability: MXP>T05>R7
From my experience, t05h and jrp didn't tried, humidity affect too much t05, not as MXP and r7,
MXP lasted 6 months
T05 4 months
R7 3 months and it get reverse curled

Thanks mate. Your help is greatly appreciated

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Lightzy and Dominus7 take it easy guys. both your views and opinions are regarded and appreciated. I agree with dominus that mxp is harder than r7, however, Lightzy is right that mxp is not durable. Thank You Lightzy and dominus for helping me out once again

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Rather than sponge hardness, imo it’s more important to talk about overall rubber hardness.

Mx-p feels the hardest followed by rakza 7 and tenergy 05

In terms of lifetime durability, rakza 7 is generally very good followed by tenergy 05 and mxp

Tenergy 05 gets chipped the easiest followed by rakza 7 and mxp is a tank in terms of not getting chipped

It is important to take into consideration both sponge hardness and rubber topsheet hardness aswell.
Sponge hardness only is not enough criteria to judge performance. Rubbers with one and the same sponge hardness but different topsheet hardness will act differently. The overall feel of the hardness is not enough criteria too. A rubber with harder sponge and softer topsheet may feel to be of the same overall hardness as one with softer sponge and harder topsheet, but they will perform differently in the way they generate spin, the way they play at different distances, the arc, the speed, etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
It is important to take into consideration both sponge hardness and rubber topsheet hardness aswell.
Sponge hardness only is not enough criteria to judge performance. Rubbers with one and the same sponge hardness but different topsheet hardness will act differently. The overall feel of the hardness is not enough criteria too. A rubber with harder sponge and softer topsheet may feel to be of the same overall hardness as one with softer sponge and harder topsheet, but they will perform differently in the way they generate spin, the way they play at different distances, the arc, the speed, etc.
Hmmm..... so how would you compare the following rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Rather than sponge hardness, imo it’s more important to talk about overall rubber hardness.

Mx-p feels the hardest followed by rakza 7 and tenergy 05

In terms of lifetime durability, rakza 7 is generally very good followed by tenergy 05 and mxp

Tenergy 05 gets chipped the easiest followed by rakza 7 and mxp is a tank in terms of not getting chipped
Thank you! so do you think tenergy hard will be harder than mxp