Stiga Dynasty, Def Pro, Def Classic blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Did you ever get a confirmation from Stiga on what the top ply of the Classic Defensive is? I changed rubbers on it the other day and it splinters way more easily than other limba blades that I’ve owned (way too many to admit how many).

Would be nice to know as it’s quite unique. It would be great to know if there are any similar blades.

Did you ever get a confirmation from Stiga on what the top ply of the Classic Defensive is? I changed rubbers on it the other day and it splinters way more easily than other limba blades that I’ve owned (way too many to admit how many).

Would be nice to know as it’s quite unique. It would be great to know if there are any similar blades.
Limba

Stiga Dynasty (Special Xu Xin Edition)
Weight: 89 grams
Plies: 7(Koto-Textreme+ - ayous-ayous)
Thickness: 5.79mm
Speed: Off to Off+Hardness: Medium Stiff

Mr. Yogi please give me some advice. I've been using viscaria for 5 years with Chinese rubber on forehand. I used to use h3 but now I use Battle 2. Yesterday I tried Dynasty Carbon XX blade with H3 Neo OS on forehand & Omega7 Pro on backhand.. and oh boii, this blade feels amazing.

Solid feeling for both backhand and forehand, waaaayyy more solid than viscaria.
Vibrate more compared to viscaria.
More woody feeling compared to viscaria, but the speed is similar to viscaria.
The direct feeling is much less than viscaria but the dwell time is a lot more, which sometimes I feel what viscaria is lacking.

Now I'm wavering. Should I sell my viscaria and switch to this blade? As an ITTF coach can you recommend why I should switch to this blade instead of viscaria? I mean, all advanced players are using viscaria. So viscaria should be the 'safer/way to go' blade, right? I like viscaria, its direct feeling, fine amount vibration, but the solid feeling from this blade is very tempting. I feel Viscaria's main problem is that it's not very solid (mine is 88g) and the dwell time is sometime too little for my level.

Oh lord help me, I'm infected by EJ disease.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: longle
Just keep your Viscaria. You will never know.maybe one day you want to try that blade again. By all means, get the XX blade.

onononono, I cant afford 200 euro and not selling my viscaria :( (well technically I can, but my mind cant afford that).
Can you please give me technical reasons, pro and cons of this blade vs viscaria :(

Personally I feel it is faster than Viscaria and also has a harder feel. The only drawback i see is the price. The Textreme material feels like a super zlc.

Not harder, I think it's because it's more solid.
I also got the zlc like feeling, but maybe it's because of the blade makes the rubber bites more, and thus the kick like feeling like on zlc blade.

Btw, what's the weight do you recommend to get? On the store, the heaviest is 98g. I think heavier means more solid wood, but I'd like to hear your opinion.
Also is the headsize is butterfly standard or is it bigger? Thanks

Last edited: