Stiga Genesis 2 M rubber reviews

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Can anyone compare this to 729 Battle 2? I have used Stiga Genesis M and Battle 2 (45) and at their core they seem fairly similar. Battle 2 seems to have have a harder top sheet, and for sure is much tackier than Genesis M. I am wondering if the new Genesis M 2, is closer to Battle 2, than it is the original Genesis M?

Thx

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm wondering what is the difference between Genesis 1 and genesis 2 ?

Also does it needs to be boosted as chinese tacky rubbers ?

the 2nd generation has more spin

yes, it can be boosted but not necessary, depending on the player.
they only make M and S only, which is very soft for boosting.
I would prefer H, otherwise the sponge may become way too soft.

These are after all DHS rubbers too

Reactions: Wister
This user has no status.
Turns out the sponge of my Genesis ii S was still getting softer & more elastic by itself even when i was not playing for a few days. Now just over a week has passed since the rubber came out of the package and it's still getting softer. Not sure if my case is unique one.

Speed without brushing is now pretty fast for a tacky rubber although still not rocket fast by any means. Feeling of impacts is now closer to a typical Stiga rubber although actual performance (arc, stroke required etc) still seems kind of H3-like.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I did not like the genesis 2 M at all the no.1 was better .. i was trying them because tg2 national was to expensive ... and the 1 was a good choice but with week block ..still great spin ... but now when the TG2 provincial is commercially available .. there is no point in this rubbers for me ...

Last edited:
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
The Genesis 2 were designed as similar to tin arc series rubbers and not as a direct substitute to hurricanes and skylines.
Maybe true .. but for my stile i liked the Genesis 1 better and for the spin ... they both are spiny as hell .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I've been using Genesis 2 M on the backend for a couple months and 3 summer tournaments now and I really like it. After a couple of sessions of it feeling completely dead something happened and it's now way more alive... well sort of. I'd have to post some pics, but the area where my finger usually is (which I'm guessing rarely gets hit by balls) is still very tacky and very dead... like it was during the first week. On the plus side it's interesting for tricks though :D

But other than this rubber suits me really well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hi folks,

I'm using the Genesis 2 M now for nearly a year on my backhand. And I'm very happy with it.
But due to some problems with my back, I cannot move as fast as needed and now I'm looking for an alternative with less speed and more control but with similar over all feeling.
I thought of skyline 3-60 mid hard. Or are there any other recommendations out there?

Cheers
Andi