getting quickly back in position after serving

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Personally i think its one of my biggest weakness

Apart from repeating drills, or shadow training etc...

does anyone have any special ideas or tips how to improve on that ?

I think it's also linked to how to execute well a good 3rd ball ? its linked to making a good serve and being in position back quickly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think you are correct that you can practice this when you Do serve training, just not serve But also get back in position with or without the ball.

Maybe you can also just train to go from the serving grip to the playing grip fast. Or Maybe try to serve mor with the playing grip to save time.

Maybe you can learn to anticipate where the ball is going so you save time. There are often patterns, when you Do a certain serve it comes back often ro the same place. Then Maybe you can move alittle beforehand. Try to watch the opponent more and you proably can move beforehand because you see faster where the ball is going compared to watching rhe ball.

Try to stay further from the table. This is better compared to to close to the table. It goes faster to move closer to the table compared to moving further away.

Maybe try to train more footwork and fast feet by the table? Bend the legs more and be on your toes so you can move faster into the ready position.

Can not come up with more suggestions now. I think if you really think about how you Do or film it you Will find a solution. And practice makes perfect. Good luck!