sp on forehand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Edit: I used today at the club a friends paddle using quantum s on fh and rakza po on BH.
I used it the opposite way and made some FH shots with rakza po. OK, many of the went onto the net, but when I asked for the guy with the best topspin on the club to make some topspins against me , I could smash through his spin easily.

The only problem was that I could give any rotation to the ball, so when I was out of position I had to twiddle and loop with the inverted.
The serve receives were effortless. I think I should try it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Edit: I used today at the club a friends paddle using quantum s on fh and rakza po on BH.
I used it the opposite way and made some FH shots with rakza po. OK, many of the went onto the net, but when I asked for the guy with the best topspin on the club to make some topspins against me , I could smash through his spin easily.

The only problem was that I could give any rotation to the ball, so when I was out of position I had to twiddle and loop with the inverted.
The serve receives were effortless. I think I should try it.

Very important with good footwork if you want to play with short pimple. After the highest point the shortpimple is somewhat useless.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Very important with good footwork if you want to play with short pimple. After the highest point the shortpimple is somewhat useless.

Ye, I got that, we played a set and I had to twiddle almost once every 2 points. Sometimes I didn't, the ball ended up onto the net, or I was just lucky. In low levels it is pretty strong, but I don't aim staying at low level of course. But I'll give it a chance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Ye, I got that, we played a set and I had to twiddle almost once every 2 points. Sometimes I didn't, the ball ended up onto the net, or I was just lucky. In low levels it is pretty strong, but I don't aim staying at low level of course. But I'll give it a chance.

I do not think you should twiddle, will never be good with the pimple rubber if you do. Can still lift/loop with the short pimple, but just not as good as with the inverted, but it is still possible to get a somewhat good lift/loop with the short pimple if you practice it. And you also notice that the smash is much better compared to lift/loop so you are forced to be fast on your feet.

Would be interesting to hear how it will work for you. Remember you need a pretty fast blade and rubber. Othervise it will be difficult to smash hard enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I do not think you should twiddle, will never be good with the pimple rubber if you do. Can still lift/loop with the short pimple, but just not as good as with the inverted, but it is still possible to get a somewhat good lift/loop with the short pimple if you practice it. And you also notice that the smash is much better compared to lift/loop so you are forced to be fast on your feet.

Would be interesting to hear how it will work for you. Remember you need a pretty fast blade and rubber. Othervise it will be difficult to smash hard enough.

Well, I didn't know that. My blade at the moment is an off-site all wood with limba outer, so quite flexy and soft

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Well, I didn't know that. My blade at the moment is an off-site all wood with limba outer, so quite flexy and soft

Okey, i think it should somewhat obviously that you can not twiddle all the time haha. But now you know! Lifting/looping against low balls is one of the reasons why you want a grippy short pimple rubber, and if it soft you can easier still smash if you are somwhat out of balance.

You can try it on that blade! But i still think that if you are going to use it on the forehand the equipment need to be pretty fast. I can do the correct technique but if the short pimple and blade is way to slow, not much will happen. Since we do not have spin as a weapon the racket need to be fast enough instead.