Good blades with hinoki outer ply and composite material?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
I believe that both the Joola Rossi Emotion and Aruna OFF are Hinoki/Koto/Carbon so they won't be what you're looking for.

Well, he did say he was open to inner carbon options. I always mention the TPE Perform when these threads come about, to me the hinoki being thin, heat-treated and backed-up with koto mitigates the issue NextLevel mentions, at least when I tried one (stock Rhyzm iirc). Pretty low throw altogether though, you have to know what you are looking for. I often think about it and may go for it one day if I ever give up on all-wood, as I thought it was fantastic: clear impact, steady, reliable. Maybe more suited to close range, again it depends on what the OP is looking for (or rather, why hinoki).

This user has no status.
Which do you most like and why? Also, a comparison of the Garaydia blades, which is the ratio of the spin/speed/control ?

Here are the Hinoki outers with inner ZLC/ALC/C that I have.

1. Garaydia ALC
2. Garaydia ZLC
3. Garaydia T5000
4. Tibhar Inca
5. Rossi Emotion

I also have a BBC Hinoki Ghost that doesn't qualify.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Voting for andro Treibers. I play with FI one and it absolutely meets all of my expectation. It has a lot of Hinoki feeling and help in rotation and TXL adds a lot of hardness. Great feeling blade.

I just ordered this blade after much research. I am curious, have you ever played with Treiber Z - seems like it's the predecessor to FI/FO Treibers. Or do you know how they compare? Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Funny you ask. I've been eyeing this Gambler Hinoki Penhold blade that I'm probably going to pick up. I'll report back with what I find once I do. (they have a shakehand version also)

https://www.zeropong.com/custom-batscomposite-pen-c-41_81/custom-gambler-vector-hinoki-penhold-p-468

It's Hinoki and has zylon carbon fiber. A little heavier & thicker which is what I'm looking for in a little more pop.

I don't scoff at Gambler blades because I currently have the Gambler Fire Dragon Touch and it has been a great control, flexy spiny blade. I like it just as much as my Stiga Clipper. IMO same quality. Now they both play completely different. But IMO same quality.

cache.php

says Footwork footwork footwork
Funny you ask. I've been eyeing this Gambler Hinoki Penhold blade that I'm probably going to pick up. I'll report back with what I find once I do. (they have a shakehand version also)

https://www.zeropong.com/custom-batscomposite-pen-c-41_81/custom-gambler-vector-hinoki-penhold-p-468

It's Hinoki and has zylon carbon fiber. A little heavier & thicker which is what I'm looking for in a little more pop.

I don't scoff at Gambler blades because I currently have the Gambler Fire Dragon Touch and it has been a great control, flexy spiny blade. I like it just as much as my Stiga Clipper. IMO same quality. Now they both play completely different. But IMO same quality.

cache.php

Looking forward to hearing your review! What rubbers will you try it with??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk