Good blades with hinoki outer ply and composite material?

This user has no status.
Funny you ask. I've been eyeing this Gambler Hinoki Penhold blade that I'm probably going to pick up. I'll report back with what I find once I do. (they have a shakehand version also)

https://www.zeropong.com/custom-batscomposite-pen-c-41_81/custom-gambler-vector-hinoki-penhold-p-468

It's Hinoki and has zylon carbon fiber. A little heavier & thicker which is what I'm looking for in a little more pop.

I don't scoff at Gambler blades because I currently have the Gambler Fire Dragon Touch and it has been a great control, flexy spiny blade. I like it just as much as my Stiga Clipper. IMO same quality. Now they both play completely different. But IMO same quality.

cache.php

I'm playing the Gambler IM8 Graphite Hinoki and really like it. Soft feeling and spinny. Works well with Burst/Big Gun on the Thor's Hammer sponge. Still getting used to attacking with (what I perceive to be) a very closed angle but overall am enjoying it.

Reactions: suds79
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Voting for andro Treibers. I play with FI one and it absolutely meets all of my expectation. It has a lot of Hinoki feeling and help in rotation and TXL adds a lot of hardness. Great feeling blade.

I agree. FO version is pretty good as well.
And never forget the predecessor, Kinetci Supreme Zylon Hinoki.