How does Andro Hexer Grip compare to Tenergy 05?

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Hi,

Hexer Grip is softer, has more control and forgive more imperfections. Spin is on very high level, so I think it should work really well.
I completely agree with him

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ridderz65
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hi,

Hexer Grip is softer, has more control and forgive more imperfections. Spin is on very high level, so I think it should work really well.

Thank you for the reply. Which rubber has more spin out of the Hexer Grip and the Hexer Powergrip?

Questions about Hexer Grip - Are serves spinny? Is it easy to lift heavy backspin? Does this rubber work far away from the table for looping and counter looping? Are pushes/digs over the table spinny?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Which rubber has more spin out of the Hexer Grip and the Hexer Powergrip?

Depends on how you Play. The Grip is way softer Overall, not just the 2.5 degree nominal difference in sponge hardness. You will be able to create spin more easily with it. But if your technique is good you will be able to get more out of the harder rubber.

Everything else mostly depends on you, too. If you have spinny serves, the rubber will surely Support These with a grippy Surface.
However, seeing you use V15 Extra which is around 47.5 degrees sponge hardness you should probably opt for PowerGrip.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Depends on how you Play. The Grip is way softer Overall, not just the 2.5 degree nominal difference in sponge hardness. You will be able to create spin more easily with it. But if your technique is good you will be able to get more out of the harder rubber.

Everything else mostly depends on you, too. If you have spinny serves, the rubber will surely Support These with a grippy Surface.
However, seeing you use V15 Extra which is around 47.5 degrees sponge hardness you should probably opt for PowerGrip.

My game is based around spinny serves and then trying to get in with a loop third ball. If I am defending, I will still try and loop/counter loop as well as fish the ball back on my forehand. I'm an attacking defender for sure. If someone pushes the ball I will try and get in with a big attack. The reason I asked about the Hexer Grip over the Tenergy 05/Victas V15 Extra is because the Hexer Grip should have more control but still be more than enough for my attacking play. Plus it's probably spinnier than Victas V15 Extra. Can you confirm this?
I thought about changing to the Hexer Grip just to get even more control on my forehand and I can really 'swing' at the ball with my attacks and not be too worried about missing the table.
I'm sure the Hexer Grip will work away from the table and it will be easier for me to open up with a spinny loop when someone pushes my chop. This is my theory behind trying Hexer Grip.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe you can try a rubber with more or less tackiness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hexer Grip over the Tenergy 05/Victas V15 Extra is because the Hexer Grip should have more control but still be more than enough for my attacking play. Plus it's probably spinnier than Victas V15 Extra. Can you confirm this?

More Control while being sufficient for attacking game yes, more spin also yes, as the new HeXer topsheets Excel in that category.

I am just worried the Grip might be a Little bit too bouncy, which is why I would recommend to try PowerGrip - harder, yet still very controllable and with great spin capabilities.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
More Control while being sufficient for attacking game yes, more spin also yes, as the new HeXer topsheets Excel in that category.

I am just worried the Grip might be a Little bit too bouncy, which is why I would recommend to try PowerGrip - harder, yet still very controllable and with great spin capabilities.

Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it!

What do you mean when you say the Hexer Grip might be too bouncy?

Could you give me some advice on how V15 Extra might compare to Hexer Powergrip?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I don´t. For defensive game, modern or not, Rubbers with Little catapult are preferred.
So while everything that was said about the rubber is true (I find it excellent), I wouldn´t recommend it for defensive game.

You also say here rubbers with little catapult are preferred. V15 Extra has catapult effect, right? Would Hexer Grip/Powergrip have more catapult than V15 Extra?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
V15 Extra has catapult effect, right? Would Hexer Grip/Powergrip have more catapult than V15 Extra?

V15 surely has some catapult, and much catapult is what I refer to as "bouncy". This is why I recommend the PowerGrip over the Grip, because the soft Grip has more catapult than V15 in my opinion, while PowerGrip is on a par or has even less.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
V15 surely has some catapult, and much catapult is what I refer to as "bouncy". This is why I recommend the PowerGrip over the Grip, because the soft Grip has more catapult than V15 in my opinion, while PowerGrip is on a par or has even less.

Would you say the overall feel of the Powergrip is basically very similar to V15 Extra but with slightly less speed and more spin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015

Would you say the overall feel of the Powergrip is basically very similar to V15 Extra but with slightly less speed and more spin? Does one feel harder than the other or do they feel the same?