Advice on future rubbers

This user has no status.
hey! So I'm kinda new here and I haven't even done an introduction post yet since I don't really know how this works all too well but I'll just get this post done before I forget about it completely.
I have started training in mid 2018 but I have played for a few years before that, and although the tactical aspect of my playing still has much to be improved on, my technoque and consisteny is already pretty decent.
In December of last year my brother went to Europe to visit a few countries and he stopped at Dandoy in Belgium to buy my rubbers: Tenergy 05 and 05 FX (FH and BH respectively of course). Now I'll definitely say that I'm a big fan of the rubbers when compared to the other rubbers I've played with (mainly donic acuda p's), but I'm not too sure on what rubbers i should get after these wear out since I don't want to drop those 160 dollars again. I'm on a hurry right now but hopefully I'll remember to talk a little bit more about my style when I get on here again...

(edit): back, now let me give some more details on what I've felt with tenergy and what i would like in my next pair of rubbers.

Initially, I had problems controlling the rubbers as everything I'd played with before was much slower and softer, but as some training weeks went by my control with them started improving. In terms of style I'm just the old mid distance shakehand attacker who tends to flick or loop usually before the opponent. I'm a little bit more dominant and 'natural' on the backhand side, although i'm able to loop kill Kong Linghui style (there was a link in here but I don't have enough posts to link videos yet haha (just search 'kong linghui smash on YT)) when playing against choppers or when a push goes too high. overall, I've had no problems with FX on the backhand since I seized control of the rubbers (kind of) but on my forehand side, when playing topspin against topspin, some of my drives end up going out of the table, especially when the ball is higher than what I anticipated. In my opinion, I'd be better off with a harder, less sensitive rubber on the forehand side, but not to the extent of stuff like NEO 3, as my coach said that I don't have the footwork for stuff like that yet. Somehing between the two, a tensor, but not as 'volatile' as 05, if you will. Any ideas?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Now I'll definitely say that I'm a big fan of the rubbers when compared to the other rubbers I've played with (mainly donic acuda p's), but I'm not too sure on what rubbers i should get after these wear out since I don't want to drop those 160 dollars again.

From the experience of Players around me, I can recommend Tibhar FX-S as an alternative to 05fx.

With tenergy Rubbers, it is not only the Performance but the way they feel, which in case of the 05 is very hard to match.
The only Rubbers that come Close to this particular Feeling in my opinion are Stiga Mantra M and Tibhar Aurus Prime.

All other aspects (Speed, spin, hardness) you will be able to fulfil with a whole variety of stuff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
T05 should last a while. Tenergy is too expensive. It is good but not that good.
T05 felt a little mushy on the FH when I had it on my TBS.
The T25 on my TBS is 6 years old. Yep I am cheap but it still works.
I don't plan to buy any more Tenergy although I can afford it. Tenergy will not make me play better.
H3 Neo, Vega Pro, and Rakza 7 are my options. I watch for sales on tabletennis11.com

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
T05 should last a while. Tenergy is too expensive. It is good but not that good.
T05 felt a little mushy on the FH when I had it on my TBS.
The T25 on my TBS is 6 years old. Yep I am cheap but it still works.
I don't plan to buy any more Tenergy although I can afford it. Tenergy will not make me play better.
H3 Neo, Vega Pro, and Rakza 7 are my options. I watch for sales on tabletennis11.com

What differences you've got between h3neo, vega pro and rakza7

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sounds like you are a candidate for the upper end of control class modern dynamic rubbers. Which one is appropriate could be like throwing a dart at a few hundred good candidates and buying that one.

Another factor would be the sponge hardness you need. For me, it is medium soft, others are similar or way different.

If you do not have the pro level "Bang" impact on that wing, a sponge softer than hard is for you if you are a looper.

No need to fret too much, just go for the zone of appropriateness and get the sponge hardness matching your needs and you have a no-worry way to get an appropriate rubber.

In my mid-soft zone, so many available to me.

Hexer Grip, Vega Pro, Sigma Euro, Acuda S3, Karis M, Moristo 2000 (if you can still find it) are just 5 of HUNDREDS possible for my control class and sponge softness needs.

Reactions: Nate4s