Military Training: Things U Don't Know

says yup.. from weibo haha :D
Oct 2011
January 8, 2012

UPDATE! Zhang Jike cuts, translated!

There's a new sports article about the Guoping's Military Training. I only read it using Google Translate and it's so long so I don't know if I can translate this today cuz I got so many school stuff to do. I'm really sorry.

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE HERE.

Things You Don't Know about the Guoping Miltary Training: Ma Long's One on One Instruction with Zhang Jike

attachment.php

The article consists of 5 Chapters.

Chapter 1: Low-Key Camp
Chapter 2: Wang Hao's Birthday
Chapter 3: Snow Prank
Chapter 4: Barber in Mind
Chapter 5: Perfect Ending

The Highlight of the story was Ma Long's one on one training with Zhang Jike. It seems that Zhang Jike was having a hard time catching up the steps for the boxing performance (if you've watched the video of the whole performance in this thread, you'll know this) so Ma Long was kind enough to teach Zhang Jike the steps during their break time.

I promise I'll get back and try to translate this as soon as I finish my school stuff. Or better yet, we can wait for TableTennista to translate this article. :)

TRANSLATIONS

ZHANG JIKE CUTS
(So far, I only have the Zhang Jike cuts translated for me by the admin of the ZJK Baidu.)

The things you didn’t know about the military training.

Every winter, the Chinese table tennis team are engaged in a military training, not only to hone the athletes' wills but at the same time to prepare to for the coming year. It has already become a tradition.

For 2011, the major significance of the military training this time is the preparation for to blow the trumpet of the camp – the 2012 London Olympics.

Although the content of military training is a bit monotonous, not the cold zipper in the field, not a three-point shooting line of fire, nor a middle of the night emergency collection, but in just 7 days of camp life, Guoping athletes experience highs and lows before climax.

Chapter 1: Low-Key Camp

Zhao Xinyue, a sports correspondent, arrived in the training base in the afternoon and met Zhang Jike. He immediately asked him “How’s the food?” and Zhang Jike answered “Hmm, just so so..” but when he saw Ma Long getting a plate of baby back ribs, he said “Well, it’s better than last year.” Zhao Xinyue asked Zhang Jike: “This time, I came here not just for reporting. I need to ask for signatures.” He quickly grabbed 5 of the 12th issue TTW magazine (where ZJK is the cover) and more than 20 BTFLY ZJK blades. Zhang Jike said to him: “Next time, bring fine pens/markers because it’s easier to write on the blades.”

Chapter 3: Snow Prank

At the end of the first training class, the captain/instructor went in the headquarters of the first class to monitor. Zhang Jike showed off to the instructor and said “Well? The quilt is folded nicely, right?” The instructor said nothing and went directly to the next room. (lol, fail) When the instructor finished checking the quarters of the third and fourth class, he said: “The last two rooms are much better.” Zhang Jike, upon hearing this, made a quick remark, “Hey, you know what, the drills/march of the first class are really sharp.” Zhang Jike, as team monitor of the first class, actually is pressured. “The members are good at keeping the house, but their queue is not as good as us”, deputy team leader of the second class, Hou Chaoying quickly remarked to Zhang Jike, but in hour, after the parade, they lost to the first class again.

Chapter 4: Barber in Mind

(This tells that some of the players got haircuts because they were scolded for wearing their hair long.)

The next drill is the military boxing. Zhang Jike, the superstar of the year, meets a lot of trouble. He cannot master the steps and sequence of the exercise because of the short learning time. He said to the instructors “Reports, sir! I cannot keep up with you.” The instructor said to him: “Do it slowly. Step by step.” But Zhang Jike wasn’t comfortable with this response. He doesn’t want to be there so he went out of the line and stood on the side and watched his teammates do the boxing routine. After the exercise, they had a break. Ma Long went to Zhang Jike and begun to teach the steps. When making a turning action, the Fitness coach Chen Yang said “that action should be transferred from the front.” Zhang Jike looked at Chen Yang, smiled innocently and said: “Can you do it?”

Chapter 5: Perfect Ending

Zhang Jike is chosen as the representative of the athletes. Actually, he didn’t know this until the night before. He needed to make a speech to deliver in the closing of the military training. Last night, Director-General Zhao Weixing noticed Zhang Jike in one corner doing his speech while the others are participating in the Li-Ning company activities. Zhang Jike jokingly said to the Director “I can’t do it. I do not know words.” Though his lips said no, such a little mistake can hardly embarrass him. After his speech, the players begin to take group photos with their instructors. In this way, the military training has ended in an energetic atmosphere.

*Sorry for some mistakes. I still need to re-edit the translation of my friend cuz it was also vague. But I got the main points. I'll go back to edit and add translations from the post.*

Last edited:
Oct 2011
Maan this is amazing :)
Thanks for the effort, ToT, I will surely be waiting for the further translation.

Two thumbs up for ye ;)

Hey thanks! Actually, I haven't read the whole story either. The Google Translate is actually, well, quite understandable. Hehe. You could try :)