Who has the best FH in Europe?

Who do you think has the best FH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
lol I like that. She has an incredibly sweet forehand smash-drive thing.

Boll though has the best control. The rest seem to just play their strongest and hope for the best. He plays every kind of forehand loop imaginable freely.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Shibaev wasn't in my mind when i made the poll, also there's the "Other" option which is for anyone who isn't included in the poll.
I know. I just have a thing about how underrated Shibaev's forehand is. If he was a better mental case, he should be one of the top 2 or 3 players in Europe consistently.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
So you mean to say the only good forehand in Europe is dead :D ... atleast my choice is alive and kicking when his back permits !

No, not saying that. Lots of truly impressive FHs in Europe.

But it was when seeing Dragutin Šurbek play that I just could not believe what I saw.

Pretty much like it was surreal to see Desmond Douglas blocking his roaring spins. He wasn’t called The Lion for nothing.

And yes, that’s my candidate for best block ever right there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Well Surbek was before my time .. my dad reminisces about him ..... but truly of all the videos that I have ever seen of European players, can't say I watch a lot .. waldners' are the only ones which comes up in my memory where an european player hit a forehand the other players would watch it go by helplessly and even when the game went on could not adapt to it ... which for me is a tell tale sign because at that level everybody adapts ... so block, yes definitely , but for me still he is the only European dominating forehand .. kind of like Dima's backhand ...
Timo is a different player with an all round game based on spin and placement..... unique ...
No, not saying that. Lots of truly impressive FHs in Europe.

But it was when seeing Dragutin Šurbek play that I just could not believe what I saw.

Pretty much like it was surreal to see Desmond Douglas blocking his roaring spins. He wasn’t called The Lion for nothing.

And yes, that’s my candidate for best block ever right there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Form-wise, Jakub Dyjas.

I like technique so i appreciate good form, But i feel that are a big difference between having a really good forehand and a good forehand form-wise. What matter is the quality of the shot you produce and how much you benefit and win from the shot. So actually the technique Do not matter in my opinion if you get a high quality shot, But it is proably easier to get a shot with high quality with good technique and somewhat more easy for the eyes.