Kristian Karlsson - Fire training speed and power 2019

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think he wants to train counterloop the opponents loop. I find it interesting that it seems like the pros do not play very much irregular exercises from videos i see. I mean i can also play pretty long and with okay speed if i know where the ball is coming, not this fast and for this long of course. But i feel that it would give them more if they made it more irregular, but maybe they want to find the hit(is it called hit in english? In swedish you say that you want to find "träffen").

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
I think he wants to train counterloop the opponents loop. I find it interesting that it seems like the pros do not play very much irregular exercises from videos i see. I mean i can also play pretty long and with okay speed if i know where the ball is coming, not this fast and for this long of course. But i feel that it would give them more if they made it more irregular, but maybe they want to find the hit(is it called hit in english? In swedish you say that you want to find "träffen").
In principle, I share your opinion. But I think that in multiball and in practice that is not recorded they also play more irregular exercises. They probably start with regular ones to get the right timing and a feeling for their technique.

There is one story I heard from a table tennis coach in Düsseldorf about when Marcos Freitas came to practice there and he was the first guy to feed him multiball. He was doing an irregular exercise because he was promoting such exercises a lot in the Western part of Germany at that time. But Freitas directly complained and said he wants to have a regular placement since he is doing it like that for years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Yes! Maybe they only film in the beginning of the practice. So freitas only do multiball when he knows where the ball is coming? Feel that you need to challenge yourself at multi ball to become better. But Freitas proably know better what is best for him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I think there was in interview too where he said his favorite exercise was 2-2 from the backhand corner :) ... sounds counter-intuitive to me too
Yes! Maybe they only film in the beginning of the practice. So freitas only do multiball when he knows where the ball is coming? Feel that you need to challenge yourself at multi ball to become better. But Freitas proably know better what is best for him.

Reactions: Suga D