The price of Dignics 05 released

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi,

The best prognostication model for Dignics pricing is Tenergy. I recall one price spike with Tenergy in its history, precipitated by a shortage. Subsequently, the price in the USA settled at $75. Then, of late, the price rose modestly. As a long term list price, Tenergy did not drop in price. From this view, we should not anticipate a future Dignics price drop.

One important distinction between Dignics and Tenergy is that Tenergy is a competitive rival of Dignics, as Tenergy is a great rubber, a rubber in history of unprecedented distinction comparable to the Sriver/Mark 5 effect. Tenergy, through most of its history (and many will say still does not), did not have a competitive rival in the high performance arena (at least in the European/Japanese unboosted rubber technology line).

It is my speculation that the distinction between Dignics and Tenergy will be much less than the distinction of the original Tenergy and all the other rubber options at the time of Tenergy's release. This observation concerning the distinction between the two rubbers is supported by the not-so-large difference in price between Dignics and Tenergy, suggesting this perspective on the two rubbers is shared by Butterfly.

The Butterfly pricing of Dignics implies the advocacy of the argument that Dignics is somewhat better (somewhat "different") than Tenergy, justifying the price premium. In U.S. dollar terms, it is a $10 difference. In percentage terms, that is 12.5% more on an $80/$90 scale. The reasonable question posed is whether 12.5% is a prohibitive price increase for the devoted Tenergy people.

As another historical observation, both the Tenergy FX versions and the Tenergy 05 HARD version did not invoke a price increase. Butterfly suggestively was communicating these options were not better, but were different.

One last point: The very early use of Dignics by some exceptional players makes irresistible the conclusion that Dignics is a great rubber. Even in the case of restricting our interrogation to the complex of Tenergy rubbers and now Dignics; we live in fascinating table tennis equipment times.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Sigh. Just honestly not surprised by Butterfly. For them $90 sounds about right. And some people will be dumb enough to do it thinking it'll change their game greatly.

IDK man. Just isn't my thing. I mean unless you're say over USATT 2100 and up, does it really matter? At that level or lower, you probably have other things you could do to help your game to get better right? But I digress. I suppose big picture wise $90 probably won't break anybody so that's their thing, then make yourself happy is generally my approach. I just think it's a little silly that's all.

(Okay getting off my soapbox now at the end of this post)

It matters at every level but at you point out, the question is what you are trying to get out of it. Of course for someone who wants that extra spin to become world champ, it is different from someone who has bad technique and hopes the best equipment will help him. But even for you and me, there is some benefit in terms of output. But I am not in the market for that improvement. I can't even buy or use Tenergy and G1 exists.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Ok, got my Donic Z'es for ~36$ (it was promotion - still available), but regular they say is about 47$ (store nearby me).
It's the same reason I didn't buy the H3 national. Dignics would be well over 300 zl in Poland. For rubbers my psychological threshold is about 150'ish, with very rare exceptions.

Out of curiosity: How much is a sheet of Tenergy or Rozena in Poland in PLN?

The 80€ European list price of Dignics will probably mean a retail price of 999SEK (96€) in Sweden as we have 25% VAT. Insane.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Great stuff, 10€ cheaper. I go to Warszawa a few times per year so I'll pickup some sheets next time. Are there any stores selling it over the counter or is it online only?

Ahh ... not sure about Warsaw, sorry : ) Inters is located in Cracow. Keep in mind, this 10 euro difference is because of the promotion probably ...

Last edited:
Reactions: mart1nandersson
No it isn't :) If TT is a passion and hobby that's nothing. People spend that in 3 hours out clubbing.

Yeah, but my passion is to the sport, not to the rubbers.

This is a rubber for "passion" and its price is adequaite the same way as BTY's:

007.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
No one's forcing you to use Butterfly. And I find it ridiculous to complain about the price of these things, seeing as how people spend their money on all kinds of shitty things like alcohol, cigarettes, sugar and other poisons. TT rubbers at least are used to improve both mental and physical health. If that isn't true to you then I wonder how you use these rubbers? Maybe the pic gives a little hint.

Yeah, but my passion is to the sport, not to the rubbers.

This is a rubber for "passion" and its price is adequaite the same way as BTY's:

View attachment 18464

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Back when I started playing TT with a 10 € racket I was really excited to buy my first premade paddle for 120 €. Such an amount I don't spend often... I considered TB ALC the end of the road with 150 bucks. After my EJ time I mostly spend about 30 € per sheet, Tenergy doesn't suit price value for me. With all the market screen I consider the TBAlc to be moderate priced cuz there are so many EQ much more expensive. With that I don't know if TBAlc is the end of the road... that's kinda crazy how my pricing feel changed during just some years into this scene.

On subject: I don't think other companies will raise their prices above Tenergy level while alot will consider to go D05 if it's better than Tenergy. It's all about mental thing that's why I think there will be a market for this... luckily I still only spend about 30 bucks per sheet and the most spend money on blade was dual-digit thus luckily I'm still not that deep in the sump.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
The Butterfly catalogue for 2019 released with prices displaying for the Harimoto blade and the Dignics 05.

79 euros for Dignics 05, an increase of 20 euros on Tenergy 05. Harimoto blade is 149 euros and not at a crazy price which is good.

I can't seem to embed pictures from it here, heres the link https://issuu.com/butterfly.tt/docs..._en_mit_pre_99681a90f615ce?e=4784838/67478536

I am somewhat positively surprised by rather affordable (in Butterfly prices) price for Harimoto alc. In the thread about Harimoto blades I guessed the price to be around 200eur...

But the price for Dignics is outrageous

As what a friend of mine told me, he would rather buy a new tire for his car than buy such high price of a rubber.

that's a very very good point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
[...] With that I don't know if TBAlc is the end of the road... that's kinda crazy how my pricing feel changed during just some years into this scene.

This.
When I was searching for my first custom paddle, I didn't want to spend more than 40 eur for the blade. I already considered that expensive, even tough I knew there were blades far more expensive.
After EJ bug bit me, I started to buy blades a bit more pricey each time...I started to feel that 100 eur was my limit....then 150...then 200..a few years back I would have never tought about the possibility to buy a blade at this price. This is just a crazy and bad thing.

But when comes to rubbers, luckily my price limit hasn't changed much. I still think Tenergy price is very high, and this new rubber Dignics price is absurd for me. My fear is that other companies might start to price up their rubbers just because Butterfly is doing it.

I already didn't like Butterfly very much due to their high price Tenergy rubbers and some expensive blades like ZJK SZLC...and it seems I won't change my opinion soon.

I was also a bit disappointed with Xiom when they released O7 rubbers, because they are considerably more expensive than O5...I hope others don't do the same.

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Other companies might copy this price point to :(

Doubt it.

So far nobody has.
Well, the only one who did is Xiom with Omega VII, and in my local shop they don't stock it cuz they say nobody buys it since it's too expensive and not worth the money.
Not to mention the biggest market is China and chinese equipment costs like 1/9th of that

Last edited:
Reactions: AndySmith