Need help, finding a good BH rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
HI friends, so im looking for backhand rubber with this traits, very good for blocking, not hard not soft(med hardness), good for looping(but it doesnt have to be outstanding), fast but not Super fast, and with good spin and short game, so what can the forum recommmend, right now im using victas v15 extra, is very good but maybe a bit too bouncy for my taste( for forehand i love it tough).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
M2 is good but quite fast and bouncy. Fastarc C1, Vega Japan and Aurus Select have same sponge hardness but more control.
M2 has worst durability. But all are ESN products so not too different.
There is also 729 bloom series with same 45 deg sponge, but have not tried it yet. Medium hardness is best for BH IMO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think it will be hard to find a rubber that is "lagom"(in swedish) at everything. Lagom basically means not to much and not to little,or just enough. I think it will be hard to find a rubber that is good at everything. I also think that many rubbers today are very similar, so i think the rubbers many recommend is basically very close to eachother in how they behave. The hardness can of course be different. Maybe i am to ignorant of equipment.

I think that you should try a little softer rubber. It will be harder to play hard, but it will have good control and spin. If you liked Rakza 7 maybe you can try a Rakza soft.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Based on what I read on the forum and my (somewhat limited) own experience, I'd say that Rakza 7 offers what you're asking for. Apparently you own this rubber already, so what's the reason that it doesn't meet your requirements?

Ok this is easy to answer, Rakza 7 is a very old rubber, good for all around play, but for me is not working so well with the new balls, it was made for celulloid balls era, other thing i dont like about rakza 7 is that is not so good at blocking spinny shots, example of rubbers with very good blocking ( MX-S, Fastarc G1) but mx-s is too heavy, and fastarc G1 is too hard and in my opinion is a forehand rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I dont want a rubber that is exceptional in everything that rubber clearly doesnt exist, i want a rubber not too hard and not too soft, very good at blocking and in the short game, and good-to normal, in other areas, there has to be a lot of rubbers in that category, but there are so many options and so many brands, that maybe i just want a little guidance in the forum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I dont want a rubber that is exceptional in everything that rubber clearly doesnt exist, i want a rubber not too hard and not too soft, very good at blocking and in the short game, and good-to normal, in other areas, there has to be a lot of rubbers in that category, but there are so many options and so many brands, that maybe i just want a little guidance in the forum.

I never meant to sound rude. Of course you can ask for guidance. But i still think many rubbers is very similar to eachother, so i think the biggest difference is the sponge hardness.

In my opinion is the Rakza rubbers very good, but i do not find them very durable. I think it would be easier to block with Rakza soft, or other rubbers that are considered soft. The ball will go in more in the sponge so you will have more control, easier to create spin and get a somewhat high arc i think. Harder rubbers is not as much control but easier to play harder shots with.

Note that this is my opinions, and not exact science.

I think your best option is to try friends rubbers, with blades similar to yours so you can feel how you like the rubber or not. I think it will be alot of guessing and speculating with the advice from us in the forum, since it is hard for us to know how you feel about a certain rubber. So it is proably best if you can try the rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Thank you, you're using M2 right now on backhand?

Yes, that's what i'm using. I don't think is very bouncy, there are way worse rubbers out there. The only thing i don't like it's the durabilitity. The topsheet lasts long enough, but after the effect of the factory booster is gone there is a decrease in performance. In your case this can be a good thing because the rubber while feel less bouncy and with more control. You can get more mileage out of her by boosting a little.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The class of rubber inquired about is a modern control oriented rubber in medium sponge.

Vega is such a class and Japan is his desired firmness.

There are still dozens to choose from. Every company makes a couple.

For years I used xp 2008 super power on bh... a usd $8 rubber that is allround control and medium hardness of sponge.

You should have an easy time finding the middle zone on this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
M2 is good but quite fast and bouncy. Fastarc C1, Vega Japan and Aurus Select have same sponge hardness but more control.
M2 has worst durability. But all are ESN products so not too different.
There is also 729 bloom series with same 45 deg sponge, but have not tried it yet. Medium hardness is best for BH IMO.

Bloom (at least spin version) is the worst rubber you can choose imo for backhand. I played with it for like 6 months. You feel like you play around that rubber to make it work instead of rubber helping you. In other words you either make sure to hit it perfectly or something will go far from good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I find it weird to say G1 is a forehand rubber. There is no such thing as a forehand rubber.

Vega Pro, Vega Japan, Fastarc G1, Barracuda all would be fine.

You're right, there is no such thing as a forehand rubber, what i meant was that for me, G1 is not my taste feeling-wise for BH, but feeling wise for forehand it works really well, but only for me im sure people can think differently.

Reactions: NextLevel
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Vega Japan, I think. Isn't that about medium?

I don't know why some people like playing hard rubbers for backhand (rakza 7 which is 47.5 hardness, Vega Pro or G1 which are also hard). None of the pros that I know do that (well they all use T05 which is somewhere around 45).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
But soft is not good either, tons of control but i think it lack any real punch to finish points, i think the best choice is to go for medium hardness, i loved tenergy 80 on backhand but was too pricey, it was a blocking machine tough, and good control on the short game and it didnt feel too soft or too hard.

This user has no status.
But soft is not good either, tons of control but i think it lack any real punch to finish points, i think the best choice is to go for medium hardness, i loved tenergy 80 on backhand but was too pricey, it was a blocking machine tough, and good control on the short game and it didnt feel too soft or too hard.

The Gambler rubber I mentioned is compared to T80 on Zeropong.