USA Lily Zhang new equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I will be curious also. Does Joola make anything like a Butterfly Mizutani Jun ZLC? I think of their rackets as more looping than quick off-the-bounce rush you with speed equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It would be fun to get some inside info from racket control in 6-12 months to see if she's still playing with Tenergy. Wouldn't surprise me if she had stuck with BTY rubbers.
Pending widespread usage of Dignics, it is clear to me that Butterfly doesn't have the same edge with the plastic ball that it did with the celluloid ball. Spin is not what it used to be and the new ESN generation have good performance even if not so good longevity. For pros, longevity is not so much the issue especially since they get their rubbers for free and boost as well.

Reactions: AndySmith
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Pending widespread usage of Dignics, it is clear to me that Butterfly doesn't have the same edge with the plastic ball that it did with the celluloid ball. Spin is not what it used to be and the new ESN generation have good performance even if not so good longevity. For pros, longevity is not so much the issue especially since they get their rubbers for free and boost as well.

What rubbers do you consider equal to the Btfy Tenergies now due to the plastic ball ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
What rubbers do you consider equal to the Btfy Tenergies now due to the plastic ball ?

Just about any ESN rubber designed to be top range with the latest technology. Could be MX-P evolution or Omega VOr Omega 7 Xiom or Bluefire, Rakza X, Rasanter, Bluestorm etc. People could prefer Tenergy for various reasons but it is preference - it is not like players like Samsonov, Dyjas. Chien Chen Am, Gauzy or Calderano or Falck are playing worse because they are using ESN rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Just about any ESN rubber designed to be top range with the latest technology. Could be MX-P evolution or Omega VOr Omega 7 Xiom or Bluefire, Rakza X, Rasanter, Bluestorm etc. People could prefer Tenergy for various reasons but it is preference - it is not like players like Samsonov, Dyjas. Chien Chen Am, Gauzy or Calderano or Falck are playing worse because they are using ESN rubbers.

Isn’t the issue that she’s been playing with Tenerife pretty much her entire career? Is it really that easy to switch?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Isn’t the issue that she’s been playing with Tenerife pretty much her entire career? Is it really that easy to switch?

Yes it is that easy to switch. Whether she will play at exactly the same level is another story but there is no reason to expect her not to. She isn't Timo Boll or Marco's Freitas and even if she were, those rubbers are designed to perform like Tenergy even if they don't always feel like it. Drinkhall didn't play worse after switching to MX-P.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It isn't that easy to switch.
Players takes months to adapt.

the myth of switching rubbers (like an EJ) is only for EJ
For pros, they need to spend a lot of time and maybe the rubber doesn't work out, and then they try another model (within the brands)

Some pros after 3 to 6 months, would move back due to difficulties to adapt.

This is also the same reason while not all Butterfly players are using Dignics yet. The ones I know told me they will only adjust after world champs

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015

For pros, they need to spend a lot of time and maybe the rubber doesn't work out, and then they try another model (within the brands)

This is also the same reason while not all Butterfly players are using Dignics yet. The ones I know told me they will only adjust after world champs

Generally you are right. Years ago I switched to Tenergy, 05 on 4h and 64 on bh. I had almost no adjustment period for my 4h, but did have a 3-4 month adjustment period on my bh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Adapting is not the same.thing as switching. And I have seen and heard of pro players switch rubber or blade instantaneously. It all depends on how great the differences are. It is when there are shots they feel they would make with one rubber or blade and they miss with the other that trouble starts, but if there isn't a big difference then they act as if nothing ever happened.

Marcos Freitas could never change to MX-P. In fact he never did and left Tibhar for Butterfly. Same with Appolonia. But Paul Drinkhall preferred MX-P to T05 the first time he used it and actually went out of his way to get with Tibhar.

Every one wants confidence in their equipment so they would prefer to train for a few months but if equipment plays similarly they will do similarly. It is not a long process, it is mostly a confidence one. It is like meeting the woman you want to marry. If she is right for you, did you really have to wait 20 months to know?

Reactions: Muhammad Saim
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
if switching and adapting is not the same thing in your mind, then there is really no reason to continue, as to me, it is directly link
If one can adapt inside a day, then switching is easy.
If one need 3 months, then one can not keep switching.
If one switches and can't adapt and has no problems with "not adapting", then that player should rather change careers.

and I'm sure knowing a women for 20 days or 20 months does not mean she is right for you. Any marriage needs to be managed. Unfortunately the equipment cannot compensate for you like a human being can. If the equipment doesn't work out, you can adjust your technique or change equipment. And this takes time to make adjustments.
Dima tried H3 for how many months and eventually left it. I think it was near 1 year.....

What pro tells you they don't need time and can switch with no issues instantaneously is probably joking with you.
We have seen some greatest players of all time failing to adjust to equipment. Liu Guoliang comes to mind.
Changing is a much bigger issue than you think, especially if you are a Pro and your livelihood depends on you hitting a ball (not some amateur tt player/forum member or EJ junkie).

Xiom Europe staff commented that Hugo has been testing Xiom rubbers for "months", if you check the other thread....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
if switching and adapting is not the same thing in your mind, then there is really no reason to continue, as to me, it is directly link
If one can adapt inside a day, then switching is easy.
If one need 3 months, then one can not keep switching.
If one switches and can't adapt and has no problems with "not adapting", then that player should rather change careers.

and I'm sure knowing a women for 20 days or 20 months does not mean she is right for you. Any marriage needs to be managed. Unfortunately the equipment cannot compensate for you like a human being can. If the equipment doesn't work out, you can adjust your technique or change equipment. And this takes time to make adjustments.
Dima tried H3 for how many months and eventually left it. I think it was near 1 year.....

What pro tells you they don't need time and can switch with no issues instantaneously is probably joking with you.
We have seen some greatest players of all time failing to adjust to equipment. Liu Guoliang comes to mind.
Changing is a much bigger issue than you think, especially if you are a Pro and your livelihood depends on you hitting a ball (not some amateur tt player/forum member or EJ junkie).

Xiom Europe staff commented that Hugo has been testing Xiom rubbers for "months", if you check the other thread....

I think if you read my statement it is clear that switching is a big issue for some players but it is all about whether they feel they will play worse or not. No one likes to switch. But the issue is not switching but the performance. It is possible to switch and play better. You don't seem to think this is possible. That's the problem. You are focusing on all the cases where the players had issues. You are not focusing on the cases where there were no issues.

Reactions: Jabugo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think if you read my statement it is clear that switching is a big issue for some players but it is all about whether they feel they will play worse or not. No one likes to switch. But the issue is not switching but the performance. It is possible to switch and play better. You don't seem to think this is possible. That's the problem. You are focusing on all the cases where the players had issues. You are not focusing on the cases where there were no issues.

So I guess you are just saying, hey its easy to switch
close your eyes, pick up a random bat, and then yes - that is called switching - a quick few seconds needed
whether you hit the ball in or not, is another topic
correct?

I'm just answering:
full stop

Reactions: Muhammad Saim