USA Lily Zhang new equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
At the Japan Open, the last 2 days/matches, she has been wearing her Butterfly shirt, not her new Sponsor Joola.

What is going on ?

I've seen similar confusing things in other teams (e.g. German): for some events they wear national association colors and sponsors, for some they are clearly having their personal sponsors. it might be case by case depending on event as well as individual people (I know that some players sign individual "national team" contracts for each WT event so some may have clause about wearing national jerseys, some may be open in that respect...)

Maybe she just didn´t expect reaching so far and didn´t bring enough Shirts. I remember reading an interview with Patrick Franziska where he said that something similar has happened to him once. Not sure how this was solved though. Maybe he just bought one at one of the vendor booths. Don´t know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Lily is a great player, but not sure about upset...

China Che Xiaoxi age 26 was world ranked #771 comparing to the USA twin Sung sisters age 14, World Rankings, Rachel #507 Joanna #783.

I had watched a previous match of Che before Lily played her. Che looked very strong. So I thought it could go either way.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
China Che Xiaoxi age 26 was world ranked #771 comparing to the USA twin Sung sisters age 14, World Rankings, Rachel #507 Joanna #783.

I had watched a previous match of Che before Lily played her. Che looked very strong. So I thought it could go either way.

I think what I meant was that anyone who is on the Chinese A team and in high enough esteem to be sent out to international tournaments should, 9 days out of 10, be a league or two above any American player.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think what I meant was that anyone who is on the Chinese A team and in high enough esteem to be sent out to international tournaments should, 9 days out of 10, be a league or two above any American player.

Read more Loopadoop posts and over time you will stop debating them.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

But your post is very good for new forum members.
there is only few people that can't understand why an unranked or lowly ranked CNT A team member can beat top 100 players straight.
You provided a very educational response to any new forum members out there ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
Lily Zhang is one of America's most accomplished table tennis ... singles title at the 2016 U.S. Table Tennis National Championships, ... Case-in-point: Just before I spoke with Zhang last month at a training center in Dunellen, New Jersey, ... The equipment even has a noticeable dent – caused by erosion ...

This user has no status.
Sometime it's better...do you know how many divorces are celebrated within the first quarter?
Adapting is not the same.thing as switching. And I have seen and heard of pro players switch rubber or blade instantaneously. It all depends on how great the differences are. It is when there are shots they feel they would make with one rubber or blade and they miss with the other that trouble starts, but if there isn't a big difference then they act as if nothing ever happened.

Marcos Freitas could never change to MX-P. In fact he never did and left Tibhar for Butterfly. Same with Appolonia. But Paul Drinkhall preferred MX-P to T05 the first time he used it and actually went out of his way to get with Tibhar.

Every one wants confidence in their equipment so they would prefer to train for a few months but if equipment plays similarly they will do similarly. It is not a long process, it is mostly a confidence one. It is like meeting the woman you want to marry. If she is right for you, did you really have to wait 20 months to know?

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
3ab000f7-4aa9-4929-8616-a653875c54f9.jpg
Just fyi, this photo is from the women's world cup. Lily does in fact use Rhyzer Pro 50 currently and the Nobilis blade.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
So you must be the lead ITTF ranking fanboy, people on the forum would know I am totally against such stupid calculation

are you aware than Shan had a baby
she took part in 0 world tours in 2018, she had no points, that is why she got a stupid low rank

In 2017 while she was still active, she actively finish in the top32/top16
surely you would figure out that she isn't a world rank 3xx player, but rather a level that Lily has yet reached...

yes, she took 1 year break and is now back in the scene and seems like she is still reaching R32....

So give it a few more months, she will be back inside top 100/50

if you only take ranking point without the knowledge of the players participation history (of which the new system favours), then you would not understand why a WR500 player can beat WR100

https://ranking.ittf.com/#/rankings/progress/111849/SEN/W;SINGLES

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
At WTT Macao she was definitely using a Butterfly rubber on the FH

If she is using butterfly on FH, seems it's not Dignics or Tenergy. The ITTF logo is on the left side of the rubber and is a large square shape very similar to what Joola uses with the Rhyzer series. T05 or Dignics ITTF logo and larc number should be on the right side and a small narrow rectangle.

Maybe someone saw a better image but at least in the [COLOR=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]Feng Tianwei match it appears to be Joola.[/COLOR]

rubber zhang.jpg