Fun/ Practice Pips

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
The hard part will be gluing the 755 0X to the blade. The 755 0X will curl up into a ball and be unusable unless you first tape or pin down the corners when applying the glue. Wait for the 755 0X to become relatively flat again. Then use a sheet of wax paper to put on the blade and put the 755 0X on top of the blade where you want it. Pull out the wax paper a little at a time so only a small part of the rubber become in contact with the paddle at a time. Make sure the rubber attaches smoothly without bubbles. Then pull out the wax paper another little bit. I think there may be a YouTube video showing how to do this.

If you want to have fun with your second sheet then put it in the sun to age it. When it starts to smell it is done. It may take a few days depending on how bright the sun is. I put mine in the back window of my car because where I work the back windows faces south. It is also easier to tell when the pips are done by the smell in the small confines of a car. If you wait too long the 755 0X pips will be frictionless but brittle so they will break too easily. This is a cheap way of getting almost frictionless 0X LPs.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Don't u think that there would be NO fun in practice vs. short pip chopper or frictionless LP pushblocker?..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
The hard part will be gluing the 755 0X to the blade. The 755 0X will curl up into a ball and be unusable unless you first tape or pin down the corners when applying the glue. Wait for the 755 0X to become relatively flat again. Then use a sheet of wax paper to put on the blade and put the 755 0X on top of the blade where you want it. Pull out the wax paper a little at a time so only a small part of the rubber become in contact with the paddle at a time. Make sure the rubber attaches smoothly without bubbles. Then pull out the wax paper another little bit. I think there may be a YouTube video showing how to do this.

Glue sheets are my preferred solution to 'gluing OX' stress.