Reducer booster absorption time?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Can you reduce booster absorption time?

I've been looking into potentially boosting my Neo H3. I've seen Falco Tempo long booster is quite popular and lasts for 2-3 months. Those of you who have used it, does it actually last this long?

The worry I have with this is I've seen you have to apply the booster then leave it up to 7 days for the rubber to flatten down before gluing on the blade! That seems a really long time to me.

Does it actually take 7 days for the rubber to flatten back out?
Is there a problem with putting the rubber back on before it's flat?

My main question is, is there anyway to speed the process up? i.e. (like with water based glue where you can just use heat (a hair dryer) to speed it up)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Recently I've used Falco Tempo on some of my old Xiom Omega V Tour and Asia rubbers just for fun.
I did it both ways - 2 consquent layers/first dryed/ and waiting for curling/flattering for 4 days, and 2 consiquent layers/first dryed/ gluing emediately after the second dryed, slightly pressing for a night with books. I have to say that at least with Falco Tempo the second method gave much easyer, faster, better and longer time results.
The thing that surpised me was that the Omega V Tour gave more sensible results than the Asia, I expected the opposite.
Aside from the fun experience of the experiment, I'd never do it again, at least with Xiom rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Recently I've used Falco Tempo on some of my old Xiom Omega V Tour and Asia rubbers just for fun.
I did it both ways - 2 consquent layers/first dryed/ and waiting for curling/flattering for 4 days, and 2 consiquent layers/first dryed/ gluing emediately after the second dryed, slightly pressing for a night with books. I have to say that at least with Falco Tempo the second method gave much easyer, faster, better and longer time results.
The thing that surpised me was that the Omega V Tour gave more sensible results than the Asia, I expected the opposite.
Aside from the fun experience of the experiment, I'd never do it again, at least with Xiom rubbers.

Ahh the book tip may come in very useful if it didn't flatten out quick enough, thanks. Have you tried anything else to make it flatten out quicker?

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
It's no problem gluing the rubber domed so long as it's not TOO domed.
Also I won't suggest trying mechanical methods to hasten the process because it can ause it to evaporate or spread unevenly.

Also boosting is unhealthy and illegal

Ahh the book tip may come in very useful if it didn't flatten out quick enough, thanks. Have you tried anything else to make it flatten out quicker?

I've used nothing in order to make the rubbers flattern quicker.
I used books to ensure gluing after immediate gluing without waiting flattering.

There are special presses, but I don't need them.

As long as the booster is dry, you can glue it.

I don't know why people wait to left it to flatten. This is just letting the boosting effect to fade?

Applying more layer of booster == add more boosting effect.

Wait for more days to let the rubber flat == reduce boosting effect

I think, waiting is only required in the the following two situation:

1 wait till the booster to dry, which is essential. You can't play or glue when the booster is still wet on the sponge.

2 If you think applying one layer of booster is still too fast for you. You can do one layer booster, and wait for 4-5 days. Let the booster fade for a few days, so it will feels laike 1/2 or 3/4 layer of booster.

Other than the above situation, there is no need to wait to flatten. Flatten = sponge not streched = less speed = less boosting effect.