Butterfly Tenergy 80 or Butterfly Tenergy 05?

This user has no status.
Hi guys, I use T05 for 10 years with 1 thin layer of Falco tempo long booster and I played TT 6 times a week and trained a lot. That fits perfect for me. Now I can play 4-5 times a week and I can train less. My perfect combo become little little to fast for my taste and present abilities. I decide to stop using booster. My question is will Tenergy 80 will be better for me or Tenergy 05 (without using booster) for hardness of whole rubber I make when I put layer of booster on T05? I know that T05 and T80 have same hardness of sponge. Advanced thankfull

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hi Master of loops,

This might be a poor assumption, but if you were playing TT 6 times per week for 10 years and still playing 4-5 times per week now....... I'm not sure anyone on the internet will be as good a judge as you.

What level did you play at?

Personally, I'd use T05 without the booster.

I tried T80 and didn't get on with it as much as T05.

This user has no status.
Hi Master of loops,

This might be a poor assumption, but if you were playing TT 6 times per week for 10 years and still playing 4-5 times per week now....... I'm not sure anyone on the internet will be as good a judge as you.

What level did you play at?

Personally, I'd use T05 without the booster.

I tried T80 and didn't get on with it as much as T05.

I trained for 2 hours a day but there are a lot players in Serbia that train more then that. In 6 times a week I count 1 day of league match or tournament. I play National level tournaments. Once I was 9th for senior championship of Serbia. I am good for TT in Serbia but there are stronger players then me. Thanks for reply, i am huge fan of T05 because of spin on serves and on loops :)

Reactions: Doctor
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
OP's level is probably way above mine. That is a very fast blade right there, if (s)he's indeed using a Mizutani ZLC...

But I've played with both T80 and T05 on slower blades. I slightly preferred T80 in serving, the short game, active blocks and counterspins at/above the table. I preferred T05 for looping in general, especially on deep backspin openups and in powerplay away from the table. I can brush loop well with T05, and have a hard time with that with T80.

T80 is quite a bit more reactive, and when I play it produces flatter trajectories, with a substantially lower margin of error. T05 offers more safety. If more control is required, I wouldn't move from T05 to T80. Quite the contrary. A blade a notch slower/less edgy, though...

NDH

says Spin to win!
I trained for 2 hours a day but there are a lot players in Serbia that train more then that. In 6 times a week I count 1 day of league match or tournament. I play National level tournaments. Once I was 9th for senior championship of Serbia. I am good for TT in Serbia but there are stronger players then me. Thanks for reply, i am huge fan of T05 because of spin on serves and on loops :)

I honestly think you will be able to get better advice from people around you.

I'm not sure many people will be on your level on these forums, and to be honest, what they think is irrelevant as you'll likely have a completely different opinion.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
OP's level is probably way above mine. That is a very fast blade right there, if (s)he's indeed using a Mizutani ZLC...

But I've played with both T80 and T05 on slower blades. I slightly preferred T80 in serving, the short game, active blocks and counterspins at/above the table. I preferred T05 for looping in general, especially on deep backspin openups and in powerplay away from the table. I can brush loop well with T05, and have a hard time with that with T80.

T80 is quite a bit more reactive, and when I play it produces flatter trajectories, with a substantially lower margin of error. T05 offers more safety. If more control is required, I wouldn't move from T05 to T80. Quite the contrary. A blade a notch slower/less edgy, though...
Thx for reply,

I (male with long hair) :D indeed using Jun MIzutani ZLC (have collection of two of them with old print style). This blade I wont change because I use and trust Mizutani ZLC since 2009 :) It fits perfect for me and my style of play. Before Mizutani ZLC I used Maze OFF. I can and I have abilities to control and use speed of Mizutani ZLC especially now when I decide to stop using booster.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
Master_of_loops you were #9 player in Serbia, you must be even better ranked among all TTD forumers !!!

I was #9 on only one championship (I think 2009 or 2010), not #9 on the end of the season ranking list :) I am good but there are better then me in Serbia :)

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
Hi I also play 4 to 5 times a week and play national level but at a junior level. I would agree with the other experienced forum members and use unboosted t05 as ( at least for me) It pairs nicer with a mizutani zlc and also there is a reason why t80 isn't used much; not near as spiny or controlled as t05

Thx for this great reply man :)