Rules on where you can stand to receive

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I was playing in a league match last night and in the doubles one of the opposite team (when his team was receiving usually) stood past the end of the table on their lefthand side so seemed really close to me when i was serving from the right quarter :)

We won pretty easily so didn't matter but didn't know if there were any rules around where you stand? As a leftie most people think i get in the way in doubles anyway :)

This user has no status.
But you have to be quick, because you are not allowed to touch the table during play, aren't you? (Was irritating to me at first seeing FZD putting his blade *on* the table before play).

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

Only with your non bat hand I think. Anything else is fine as long as the table does not move. If it does you lose point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Only with your non bat hand I think. Anything else is fine as long as the table does not move. If it does you lose point.

2.10 A POINT
2.10.1 Unless the rally is a let, a player shall score a point:

2.10.1.9 if an opponent, or anything an opponent wears or carries, moves the
playing surface;

2.10.1.11 if an opponent's free hand touches the playing surface;

Other than that, no rule about where one stands

Last edited:
Reactions: Der_Echte
You may sit, lay, or jump on the table, provided you don't move it, but only After the point is initiated, i.e. you may stay anywhere round the table till the opponent execute the serve, but you may jump on the table only after.

p.s. anyway I think you are not allowed to shit on the table, may be.

Last edited: