H3Neo and Primorac Carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hi EJs,

What are your suggestions for FH Rubber on Primorac Carbon?
Actually I'm playing a Viscaria clone with H3Neo on FH.
After reading some statements about Primorac Carbon, I wonder if this blade would fit my playing style better than the ALC blades.

I know, that the ALCs are working very well with the H3 (espacially the Koto outers), but is this also true with Primorac Carbon?

Primorac has the soft Hinoki outer plies and I wonder if these softer outer plies perform also great with the hard sponge.
Or would it be better to change towards euro style rubber to get the best out of the Primorac? And if European style rubber, then more spin (e.g. Fastarc G-1) or more speed orientated (e.g. MX-P).

Cheers,
Andi

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hi EJs,

What are your suggestions for FH Rubber on Primorac Carbon?
Actually I'm playing a Viscaria clone with H3Neo on FH.
After reading some statements about Primorac Carbon, I wonder if this blade would fit my playing style better than the ALC blades.

I know, that the ALCs are working very well with the H3 (espacially the Koto outers), but is this also true with Primorac Carbon?

Primorac has the soft Hinoki outer plies and I wonder if these softer outer plies perform also great with the hard sponge.
Or would it be better to change towards euro style rubber to get the best out of the Primorac? And if European style rubber, then more spin (e.g. Fastarc G-1) or more speed orientated (e.g. MX-P).

Cheers,
Andi

Do you have any video of you playing online?

MX-P on the Primorac will be fast...... very fast.

Fine for mid distance/away from the table looping - But your short game will struggle.

If you have any video, I can have a look and see.

Cheers

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Do you have any video of you playing online?

MX-P on the Primorac will be fast...... very fast.

Fine for mid distance/away from the table looping - But your short game will struggle.

If you have any video, I can have a look and see.

Cheers

sorry, I have video online.

But my game style is more close to the table with a good FH loop and a good BH block.
I want to develop my game more towards blocking and hitting close to the table.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Do you have a rough level you play at?

Can you loop consistently on the backhand and forehand?

At a guess, I'd say the Primorac Carbon will be too quick.

Where are you struggling at the moment? What parts of your game are you looking to improve?

I wouldn't advise anything quicker than the Viscaria without seeing your game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Can you loop consistently on the backhand and forehand?

Only on forehand, backhand is more a blocking game

Where are you struggling at the moment? What parts of your game are you looking to improve?

I just want to play with less effort/shorter strokes without loosing too much power (and fun)

NDH

says Spin to win!
Only on forehand, backhand is more a blocking game

I just want to play with less effort/shorter strokes without loosing too much power (and fun)

I personally think you'll regret the move to the Primorac.

I don't think you'll instantly feel strokes are easier - If anything, you'll find it harder to keep the ball on the table.

Unless you are dropping back significantly from the table, you'll find a close/mid distance loop will be similar with both Viscaria and Primorac.

Perhaps look at change the rubbers rather than the blade?

There are things that require less effort than H3N on the forehand.

sorry, I have video online.

But my game style is more close to the table with a good FH loop and a good BH block.
I want to develop my game more towards blocking and hitting close to the table.

The Primorac Carbon is very good for blocking and hitting close to the table.
But harder chinese rubbers are not very good for this. Though some hard and mid-hard tensors will do.
Xiom Omega V Tour both sides, or Omega V Asia FH and Omega V Tour BH would be a perfect choise. Very stable touch, block and hit at the table, plus perfect active play when and if you need at close and mid distance.

Reactions: amoc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Xiom Omega V Tour both sides, or Omega V Asia FH and Omega V Tour BH would be a perfect choise. Very stable touch, block and hit at the table, plus perfect active play when and if you need at close and mid distance.
Omega V Series? I think they are all harder and faster as their Vega equivalents. I expexted that the Vegas would fit better?

Omega V Series? I think they are all harder and faster as their Vega equivalents. I expexted that the Vegas would fit better?

Better, better, better for what?
You said what you are most interested about - block and hit. That's whay I recomended Omega V Tour and Asia. Asia is a little bit harder than Tour and with a higher arc, so better for FH. Both are excellent for active play, the Tour being more "difficult" in active play but more stable with blocks and hits at the table, the Asia is easier with active play at any distance and is very good for close play touch, blocks and hits are stable, a tad behind the Tour. Vega family is not bad, but far away from this. And yes - Omega V T is mid hard, Asia is hard, but that general characteristics doesn't work at all-rubbers generalism. These rubbers do have many other exclusive characeristics you may or you may not be interrested in, but are really the best for what you have asked - block&hit at the table. Omega V Tour is no more my main rubber, but I still use it exactly for block assistance with partner trainings.

Dr Frankenstein: "We can rebuild him!"

Yeah, the good news for TT players is that they can always rebuild their systems, changing the blade and keeping the rubbers, or changing the rubbers and keeping the blade, or change only the FH and keeping the blade and the BH rubber, or change the BH rubber and keeping the blade and the FH rubber, or change the FH rubber and the bladeq but keeping the BH rubber, or change the BH rubber and the blade but keeping the FH... Did I miss something? Isn't it cool to have so many rebuilding opportunities?
:cool:

Alc blades are more than good enough with polyballs. You do not need pure carbon blsdes primorac nowadays to have a faster shot. Rubbers can compensate for the speed.

Yes, that's right.
I'd like to add some salt&pepper - as in music bass may be considered as a base on which the mids and highs build the melody, in TT the blade is the base on which rubbers play the tunes. In both cases the good "conductor" matters.