Mizuno shoes sizing vs Butterfly Rifones

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Hi,

I wear Butterfly Rifones shoes US size 10.5 and they fit comfortably. Is it safe to go with the same size for Mizuno shoes, say Wave Medal 5 (Japan 28.5 size)? Anyone had to go up or down in size when going from Butterfly shoes to Mizuno, or sizes comparable?
I know that's its best to try shoes on first, but in USA Mizuno is not available and I have to ship them from Japan. Returning them would be expensive.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I concur with what Langel said. If you look at the Mizuno Wave Medal 5 Atoll shoes on the Bribar web site (UK online TT supplier) you'll actually see a caption warning buyers that Mizuno shoes tend to come up rather large. I have the Wave Medal 7 in a UK size 10.5, but really I needn't have bought them any larger than size 10. The good thingg is they are quite narrow, so even though they are on the long side for my feet they don't move around and I've never yet tripped over them in two years.

Thanks. Just to be sure, we are talking about comparing Butterfly sizes to Mizuno?

Just to be sure, we are talking about comparing regular sizes to Mizuno.
BTY shoes, depending on model and origin, do have some deviations comparing to regular sizes too.
BTY shoes, like any other, are NOT an etalon for comparing sizes.
So reffering between different models of any different brands is inadequate and the deviation mistake could be multiplied.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Thats why I am asking specifically about same size differences between BTY Rifones and Mizuno Wave Drive 5 (or 7).
Anyone went between Mizuno Wave and BTY Rifones or other way?
BTY Rifones are very nice shoes, but too expensive.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Thats why I am asking specifically about same size differences between BTY Rifones and Mizuno Wave Drive 5 (or 7).
Anyone went between Mizuno Wave and BTY Rifones or other way?
BTY Rifones are very nice shoes, but too expensive.

Hi, I've owned the Mizuno Wave Drive 5 and 7's and currently rotate between the WD 8's and Butterfly Rifones. For all the Wave Drives, 28.5 has been the perfect size, whereas my Rifones in size 28 are good but feel a bit big, I'm even considering sizing down.