Backhand Rubber RH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 334 Times in 242 Posts

Which long pips has caused you the most trouble and why

Example:
      Giant Dragon Talon OX
      His passive blocks were hard to read and attack

Last edited by Loopadoop; 1 Week Ago at 05:33 AM.

2. Top | #2
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: Sweden

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 502 Times in 268 Posts
      Slow ones. Were pushblockers can keep the ball very low most of the time. Do not know any names. Do know that many use spinlord dornenglanz and death metal TT.

Almost more difficult to play medium pips or short pips with No grip. The ball behaves very strange sometimes.

3. Top | #3
      says Spinsanity (on FH)

Advanced TTD Member Country: Portugal
      Equipment:
      Blade Avalox (AVX) Blue Thunder P777
      Forehand Rubber BH: 729 802-40 35º 2.0mm
      Backhand Rubber FH: 729-08 49º 2.1mm

Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 72 Times in 58 Posts
      +1 on spinlord dornenglanz. A friend plays inverted FH with good FH loop and he uses dornenglanz ox on BH and it's quite deceptive
      "Table Tennis is a perfect combination of violent action taking place in a atmosphere of total tranquility"

4. Top | #4
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: United States

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 131 Times in 85 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
      Slow ones. Were pushblockers can keep the ball very low most of the time.
      Yes, but this is more a matter of the pushblocker's skill. There are many LP 0X rubbers that have very good spin reversal.
      I said this in another thread, the trick is to have the high point of the trajectory occur as the ball passes over the net. This will result in the lowest bounce. This requires experience on the push blocker's part. Usually the push blocker wants to block off the bounce for maximum spin reversal but blocking the ball just off the bounce so it is still rising as it goes over the net is not good. The ball will bounce high and be loop bait.

Almost more difficult to play medium pips or short pips with No grip. The ball behaves very strange sometimes.
      SPs tend to scrub the spin off of balls. I think it is more the change in style of play the SP or MP must use to be successful. SP players play close to the table hit the ball early so one doesn't get much time to react. They also can achieve wider angles than loopers hitting back from the table. I have never noticed strange behavior from any SP except for Peacekeeper 0X.

5. Top | #5
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: Sweden

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 502 Times in 268 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by brokenball View Post
      Yes, but this is more a matter of the pushblocker's skill. There are many LP 0X rubbers that have very good spin reversal.
      I said this in another thread, the trick is to have the high point of the trajectory occur as the ball passes over the net. This will result in the lowest bounce. This requires experience on the push blocker's part. Usually the push blocker wants to block off the bounce for maximum spin reversal but blocking the ball just off the bounce so it is still rising as it goes over the net is not good. The ball will bounce high and be loop bait.

SPs tend to scrub the spin off of balls. I think it is more the change in style of play the SP or MP must use to be successful. SP players play close to the table hit the ball early so one doesn't get much time to react. They also can achieve wider angles than loopers hitting back from the table. I have never noticed strange behavior from any SP except for Peacekeeper 0X.
      Maybe you have only played Short pimple rubbers with grip. Short pimple without grip and medium pips is very good for nasty blocks, and they are good to move the opponent back and forth. A long pimple with almost no friction that pushblockers often use is much more predictable i think, since the spin is always the opposite, so you as a player against them is always in charge i think. You decide what will happen.

6. The Following User Likes Lula's Post:

7sagittarius7 (1 Week Ago)