2019 Portugal Open Feb 13-17

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
He needs T05H.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
The way Hayata played with Liu yesterday, I think statistically/stylistically, she has even better chances winning against Liu than Ito Mima ... truly. I mean imho here she did it more convincingly than Ito did in Stockholm. Not to mention Shibata, Hashimoto, Sato or Zeio's girl Kasumi ... ; )

Li vs Hashimoto 3rd, 4:5 -> 4:6 great play!
3rd 7:7 -> 7:8 agree with the yt commentator - outstanding from Hashimoto.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Thank you for reminding me Sato losing to Samara at the WTTC 2017.

Baba has explained the choice of Sato over Shibata and Ando - World Ranking. I didn't quote it the last time but Baba actually mentioned they wanted the chosen members to "beat as many CNT players as possible."

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20190130-00010002-tvtokyos-spo

Well, I read the criteria. Not sure why a 2017 result counts but the other thing is not to be short sighted. Hayata did not have these results at the time of the selection.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Well, I read the criteria. Not sure why a 2017 result counts but the other thing is not to be short sighted. Hayata did not have these results at the time of the selection.

This is why coaches need to have a wild cards option. Would be a miss, if Hayata didn't make it to the WTTC.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Hayata will be in WTTC if she wins the qualification tournament, OR if its not a qualifier from round 1 who wins it. and to be honest i don't see who else can win SATO+ISHIKAWA + ITO (or less likely HIRANO)

because in this case, the coaches will have the wild card, and its obvious they will give it to HAYATA if they have it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Congrats! Big CNT representation with Liu Shiwen on board and the final is all Japanese. Quite unusual. Congrats again!

Goes on to show Japanese mantra of experience at the bigger stage is much important than CNT's approach of trying to perfect every stroke on earth til you are 20 y.o.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi